Another chub blank

Anderoo

Not tonight, but I'll have another go tomorrow - same plan as last time, bait sone swims just before dusk then fish them in the dark, with bread again. I'll try a different area in the same stretch, I have a feeling they could well be grouped up, and if I can find them I might be able to pluck a few out.

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

...........bait sone swims just before dusk then fish them in the dark..........

Be careful Anderoo, Steve's session was cut short last night because a strange gentlemen passed him by mumbling to himself. Steve coped ok with the first pass but when the guy turned around and came back it was too much, 10 seconds between bait in the water and gear packed up and heading for the car. He didn't have the dogs with him so I consider it payback for the ghostly texts I receive on the few occasions I've fished into dark alone.

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

Be careful Anderoo, Steve's session was cut short last night because a strange gentlemen passed him by mumbling to himself. Steve coped ok with the first pass but when the guy turned around and came back it was too much, 10 seconds between bait in the water and gear packed up and heading for the car. He didn't have the dogs with him so I consider it payback for the ghostly texts I receive on the few occasions I've fished into dark alone.

&nbsp

Oi squeeler i told you that in confidence....he was a bit of a loony tune though i thought he was speaking to me at first then realised he was answering his own questions ,then he just stood there mumbling taking the odd drag of his ciggy the only reason i knew where he was....Robbie is coming with me next time not being funny i had visions of being a care in the community victim

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

There's a lot to be said for having a Robbie with you - mind you, if we had a big dog I think my wife would want him at home keeping her company while I am out fishing!

You do see some odd people around after dark sometimes. Hard to avoid when fishing public areas, although it's been a while since I've been in the presence of someone quite as odd as that! It is an uncomfortable feeling, especially after dark.

Having said that I expect it was rusty, putting you off ahead of his end of season sprint ;)

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

See plenty wandering the towpath in the day that are in a world of there own just something about water that draws them...couldn`t concentrate on bites with him standing close by and i miss enough as it is so thought best plan was to leave .

Steve we have 2 dogs so one can stay with the Mrs besides she says her princess dog would get to cold lol so Robbie gets the short straw .

Anderoo now you mention it the shape in the dark did look strangely like Rusty a guy with the leather floppy hat and barbour jacket...and he smokes...Hmnnnn .

Out tonight on the Kennet after Chub whilst my mrs attends the boat meeting to see if a change of river can improve my fortunes Steve

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

Good luck Steve. I'll be out later, although I've decided to try a different bit, just to see what happens. It's a nice stretch but a long walk, but it'll be nice to try some new water.

Good luck Steve. I'll be out later, although I've decided to try a different bit, just to see what happens. It's a nice stretch but a long walk, but it'll be nice to try some new water.

Something great about trying a new bit of water ...the beforehand bit i mean trying to visualise which swims assuming you have looked it over before good luck

I have fished it once before actually, before Xmas with the paste. It's a lovely stretch, very varied, the hardest bit is deciding which spots to fish, it all looks so good! I've just done all the hard work, I'm a couple of miles down river now and have baited 8 swims, a mix of open water slow glides and near bank slow water near snags. They might be tucked away as the water is so clear, we'll see.

The sun has just dropped behind the trees and dusk is setting in. It's a lovely evening, mild and still, almost springlike. This furthest swim looks awesome, I'm perched on dead rushes at the heads of a big, slow bend, nice steady water in the middle and slack water down the edge. Feels very fishy! The river looks in much better trim than just a few days ago, noticeably slower. Fingers crossed, but in the meantime I'm going to have a cup of tea and watch the river :)

Not much to report! Had one of about 3lb and lost another to a snag, but it's not right, I can't put my finger on it exactly. It was very cold, as soon as the sun went down my net froze to the bank, and the car was covered in ice when I eventually got back to it. The flow looked spot on. The water is very clear though...not sure, but all those floods have had a big effect somehow. Both this fish and the one the other day were very thin, usually at this time of year they're packing on the weight.