Angling contradictions :

RUDD

Going fishing to catch fish "apparently" but taking 20 cans of stella and getting drunk instead and when u get a run sleeping through it in a drunken stupor until half the anglers on the lake are stood outside your bivvy telling you to get up and play the fish.

I've got another one, scaling down the tackle to get bites and then getting smashed to pieces by the fish when they take the bait!

Rich

Edited by Richard Capper

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if camo is that good how come you dont lose it :confused:

If you find my jacket let me know lol.

thats a great post

sean

the art of predator fishing is..stealth, not being seen, the concentration, the anticipation, being ready to go, at a moments notice.

yeah right after a 6 pack lol.

sean

woman want me, fish fear me

From the good ol' US of A

"Blaze" orange "cammo" jackets.

"baitcasting" outfits that are unsuitable for casting a bait with - fine for lures though.

"Ice fishing" in a heated fully insulated hut on skis.

right handed anglers casting a one handed rod and multiplier with their right hand and then swapping over to their other hand to fish before swapping back for the next cast and then seeing a LHW reel on a rod and having a conversation that goes:

"Are you left handed ?"

"No, I'm right handed and this way, I'm not constantly changing hands, I don't miss fish that hit as soon as the lure hits the water and I have better control over the rod"

"Gee, I couldn't do that, i'd get confused."

Edited by Ken L

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

I've seen plenty of anglers in this country who swap hands to cast and reel in. I did ask one old boy about it once, he said

"Everyone asks me about that, but if I use a reel with the handle on the other side I get it all tangled."

There was an article in the Angler's Mail a few years back about a match angler, who thought he was getting good results because he was wearing camo gear. He also camo'd his box and luggage, but his bait boxes were bright red!

Then, let's look at the record of Drennan Team England, and Daiwa Dorking, both of whom wear white shirts as their standard outfit.

The Mahseer Trust, working for one of the world's iconic fish and the rivers they live in

www.mahseertrust.org

Fishery info for the Westcountry:
www.coarsefish-torbay.co.uk

Want to learn from Will Raison and Neil Machin?
check out
www.v2vangling.co.uk

Steve. We were joking arround in India and one day after having some stuff made up in a rather nice camo material, we came up with the idea of having three piece suits and ties made up in the same cloth.

We never did do it but it would have been just the job for attending a few of the countries estate lakes - perhaps with a "Fox" logo embroidered on the jacket.

As I recall, it would have cost us about £30 each made to measure.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Camo suits hey Ken?

Could become de rigour at Speccy angler's conferences!

Maybe we should import them ready made in a range of sizes?

The Mahseer Trust, working for one of the world's iconic fish and the rivers they live in

www.mahseertrust.org

Fishery info for the Westcountry:
www.coarsefish-torbay.co.uk

Want to learn from Will Raison and Neil Machin?
check out
www.v2vangling.co.uk