Windows update

Andrew

I re insytalled XP on my spare PC, alls well but windows will not llet me update, YES it is a legit copy of XP.

I get this message when trying to update.

I would be grateful for any help, thanks in advance

[Error number: 0x80244019]

warning.gif
The website has encountered a problem and cannot display the page you are trying to view. The options provided below might help you solve the problem.

For self-help options:

For assisted support options:

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

MM i think they dropped it, bugger bugger and bugger

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

Thanks, trying it now :hammer:

, grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

“Vescere bracis meis”

Installed sp3 and all other recommendations by microsoft, NOTHING, is working grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

“Vescere bracis meis”

Andrew when you say nothing is working is that still related to windows updates or just nothing on the PC?

Nick

...life

what's it all about...?

Sorry Nick, windows update, Installed the suggested downloads, and nothing, still wont download updates.

I'll get a chap i know who knows about these things to have a look.

Its my spare PC so its not that important, but its bugging the life out of me now, ggrrrrrrrrr.

Thanks again

“Vescere bracis meis”

Xp is supported through to 2014 or 15 I believe.

Windows update won't work for XP until SP3 is installed but you say you have one that already.

If your PC is an hp pavilion or presario and has an amd CPU there is a vital patch to load as well.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?cc=uk&lc=en&dlc=en&softwareitem=pv-60484-2

Also ensure you installed this version of sr3

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=24