Beginning of the end??????

Carpnut

I don't know enough of the pro's and con's of fox hunting and wherther it should be banned. But given the state of this country's health service (for one), you'd think this pathetic excuse for a government (and PM) would find something more important to do than to spend most of the day debating on whether a few foxes get hunted. It scandalous that this is at the top of their agenda and is only there to try and win a few votes.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they wont ban hunting ,if i heard right it wont be implemented for 2 years ,with recinding the fox hunting ban in their manifesto the tories will have many thousand more voters on their side

now the anti`s have "won" they can divert their attention elsewhere ,the anti`s already get up to mischeif at my local pond as the local hunt occasionally goes past it ,strange pink haired scum name calling at any anglers and scratches "accidentally" appear on cars parked next to the pond :mad:

[ 15. September 2004, 10:01 PM: Message edited by: chesters1 ]

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

i cannot believe that there are so many people out there that are truly naieve enough to believe that the ban coming in will be of no effect to us.

i dont know how many people saw it, but on richard and judy of all things today they had johnathan aitken and a guy called kevin o sullivan from one of the papers on to debate the ban implementation.

mr o sullivan was the anti and was directly asked what next, would he like to see angling banned? he replied yes as he thought in this day and age he didnt want to see anyone involved in a sport that involves animals being used for pleasure, and involving cruelty.

that gentlemen is the realisation that you have to face.

furthermore richard madeley was laughing when he said that he cant imagine the countries anglers doing what the hunt supporters have done today. the sad thing is that he is probably right. this forum could back him up 100%.

there are far too many neroes on here, fiddling while angling burns.

Mark Barrett

buy the PAC30 book at www.pacshop.co.uk

You think this is good news Peter? God help us if you tell us of any bad news.

Got to agree with Jon Hedges, the country is beset with REAL problems - if you don't believe me ask Yoxer - and we worry about a relatively trivial matter like foxhunting...the mind boggles. :confused:

Peter.

The loose lines gone..STRIKE.

i have an aliby ,one of the cars was mine :mad: and it was on the side opposite the track so the perpitrator couldnt be seen :mad:

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

I said it was good news, and yes it is for foxes and stags, but also for angling. The reason being that we need, as I said, a kick up the rrrrrr to make us stand up together. This could be the clarion call that brings angling together. That being the case then it is long overdue and excellent news for angling! Be interesting to see what happens to the CA now. Now is the time to join the SAA, and its only £10.00 per year!

peter,

whilst i agree with your sentiments as regards the SAA, i dont agree with your sentiments that its good news for foxes. foxes are not going to thrive anymore mate. what will actually happen now is that on those estates where they allowed foxes to be controlled by a hunt, they will be shot. now most of the shooters that i know that shoot foxes shoot a bloody sight more in a couple of weeks than the fox hunters do in a year.

likewise shooters of foxes do not have a close season, unlike fox hunters. there will actually be far more foxes killed now than there would be with hunting inplace. is that what you really want.

i was born and bred in the country. i have seen the ways of the wild all my life. nature is cruel and its animals are cruel to themselves. at the end of the day, we are the apex predator, that we should choose to be all sweetness and light to the animals that inhabit the world with it, is quite plainly ridiculous.

as for the best way for angling to unite is in the face of extinction is just bloody frightening mate.

[ 15. September 2004, 11:07 PM: Message edited by: mark barrett ]

Mark Barrett

buy the PAC30 book at www.pacshop.co.uk

i was reading some 60`s mags on fishing last night and on the letter page someone complaining on the amount of "splinter groups" springing up ,if he knew 40 years later nothing has changed he would be shocked i`m sure and i suspect there even more splinters in angling nowadays