Beginning of the end??????

Carpnut

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

poledark:

Sorry to disagree with you Gaffer, but Mark (Barett) was spot on, he, Peter Tatchel) has , and still does campaign for the lowering of the "age of consent" so where is the problem in stating it on this forum? Tatchel may actually be pleased to see his favorite subject raised here

Den      :mad:    

It wasn't what was said it was the way that it was said and after receiving two emails concerning the comment I took the decision to edit it. I really can't see the problem!

Every time I edit something I attract comments.

Believe it or not I've purposly steered clear of this forum after the last editing fiasco that I inadvertantly triggered!

No offence to you Den, mate, it's just that I'm getting tired of it!

Gaffer :mad: +1

[ 17. September 2004, 09:41 PM: Message edited by: Gaffer ]

How about the government indeed!!

Labour councils have a nasty habit of banning angling on waters under their control, or bringing in measures that make life difficult for the angler & I don't think it's just the N/E that suffers either.

Peter.

The loose lines gone..STRIKE.

peter mccue:

Labour councils have a nasty habit of banning angling on waters under their control, or bringing in measures that make life difficult for the angler & I don't think it's just the N/E that suffers either.

My statement stands - the Government is anti-hunting and pro-angling. Fact. I will supply the Government quotes if needs be.

I know of NO examples of Labour (or other controlling party) anti-angling measures at local level. So, if you really have information on Labour councils banning angling in the north-east and elsewhere for anti-angling reasons, I would appreciate the details - 'who, what, where & when'. I can assure you I will follow-up and challenge any examples of anti-angling, and post those responses on this bulletin board.

Over to you...

Bruno

www.bruno-broughton.co.uk

'He who laughs, lasts'

Peter M, If it's the water that I think you are referring to, then angling HAS NOT been banned but restrictions put on it. The 'ANGLERS' have only themselves to blame through their loutish and drunken behaviour.

[ 18. September 2004, 06:38 AM: Message edited by: wearyone ]

Tight Lines,

Wearyone

Bruno Broughton:

I know of NO examples of Labour (or other controlling party) anti-angling measures at local level.

Bruno, I'm not sure of the details, but didn't a local council try to ban angling in ponds on Clapham common a few years ago?

Kate Hoey was Sports Minister at the time, and on behalf of the local anglers, took the council on and got the decision reversed. Not only that, but she got some sort of grant towards angling at Clapham.

Perhaps someone local to that area could fill in the details -

BTW. Very courageously, this lady has consistently voted pro-hunting. She did so whilst Sports Minister - and was a very good friend to angling whilst she held that post.

Although the vote was supposed to be a "free" vote, I think her card was marked as a result, and at the first opportunity she was sacked - ostensibly for the Wembley fiasco (which was not her fault, she inherited the problem from her predecessor)

Ms Hoey is about the only Labour politician I have any time for - in fact her views on most things are so sensible I wonder why she is a Labour party member at all !

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

Bruno Broughton:

My statement stands - the Government is anti-hunting and pro-angling. Fact. I will supply the Government quotes if needs be.

Bruno, I have no reason to disbelieve your statement, but that won't stop the anti's from charging through your swim in aid of a 'good cause'.

Terry