stow style bobins

Guest Chris Perch

Guest Chris Perch

I really dont get this style of bobbin with a very short chain that I keep seeing on the bank?

I can see how they work on a full blooded run but what about a drop back at range would you get any indication at all?

I find my old fashioned swingers are very versatile for most ranges and just dont get these new style hangers.

when i first started carping I had various types of hangers and always opted for the ones with a very long cord/chain to give the best registration of a drop back.

whats your opinion?

Hangers seem to follow fashions. Not too long ago everyone had swingers from Fox or similar. This seems to have transmogrified into hangers on cords and then hangers with link chains and hangers with bicycle style chains to avoid windy bleeps.

Could we see a resurgence of monkey climbers soon? Be amusing wouldn't it?

Click here to Visit St Ives Tackle 

apple-touch-icon.webp

Look up elstow hangers on the web to see what they were originally designed to do (the originals were handmade to solve a specific problem).

The Korda copies are very expensive and for 99% of the people using them, totally pointless. They also have a metal chain rather than lightweight cord, partly defeating the point of them in the first place.

Another fashion item.

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

i have the korda one's there OK but i would buy the originals from Dave's Danglers they have a better finish than the korda's if mine break i will replace them with the original Elstow bobbins

cpranim.gif

15/06/12 PB Perch 3 lb 10 oz 03/03/11 Common Carp 23lb 6 oz 05/06/12 Sturgeon 7 lb 13 oz 06/06/12 Mirror Carp 21 lb 2 oz

09/03/13 PB PIKE 27 lb 9 ozARNO3010CustomImage1086535.gif