Frog & toad spawn

Norm B

Due to a hard frost after spawning my pond froze and most of the spawn laid early has died, anybody in the Waterlooville/Portsmouth area that has some surplus spwan they'd like to donate please contact me, either on here or at seaangling@aol.com TIA, Norman.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Due to a hard frost after spawning my pond froze and most of the spawn laid early has died, anybody in the Waterlooville/Portsmouth area that has some surplus spwan they'd like to donate please contact me, either on here or at seaangling@aol.com TIA, Norman.

:clap3: Good news!? Went and had a look this morning as it's been warm and found about one cupful of frog spawn, less than 5% of what I normally get. I've rescued it and put it in an aquarium to save it being eaten by the newts, hopefully it'll hatch and I can transfer the tadpoles to the pond when they're bigger. :clap3:

• Like 1

My frogs have produced loads of spawn. They were so worked up 5 died in there efforts or were drowned by over active partners. Question:- will the fish eat the frogspawn

The two best times to go fishing are when it's raining and when it's not

MMmmm tadpoles, yummy.

We've got frogspawn this year, for the first time in about five years, despite hearing the frogs apparently getting jiggy every year (usually early Feb.) for some reason there's been no spawn for a long time - this years spawn is all in the middle of the pond - I think this is supposed to portend a dry summer.

• 4 months later...

:clap3: Good news!? Went and had a look this morning as it's been warm and found about one cupful of frog spawn, less than 5% of what I normally get. I've rescued it and put it in an aquarium to save it being eaten by the newts, hopefully it'll hatch and I can transfer the tadpoles to the pond when they're bigger. :clap3:

:clap3: Some good news and some not so good news. Loads of newt spawn laid and hatched but due to the lack of tadpoles the adult newts are eating the newt tadpoles, such is nature. The lone female GCN from last year has been joined by another female, there is still only one male so the gene pool is pretty tight but there are some young GCN's, hopefully they'll not be eaten by mum or dad. :clap3:

- this years spawn is all in the middle of the pond - I think this is supposed to portend a dry summer.

Well, they got that right. :clap:

I wonder if any of our weather forecasters did?

Wotnob,

Answer (as best I know it). Eels will - other than that I'm not sure. Wonder if poison frogs have poison spawn?

I've never fished carp with grape sacks of frogspawn. But if anything will it's probably a carp

Phone