Phone, I absolutely love it! I can recall doing exactly what you said. I spent a great deal of my youth hanging about on railway lines. I do however have 2 charges of tresspass on the line to my name.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

• 9 months later...

Those coin presses you get in visitor centers, museums etc must be craping them self :spiteful:

Btw is it really worth it when you can get roughly 300 spinner blades for about £15 online or ebay.

If i make my own i can get 300 for £ 3.00 , £12 CHEAPER

150_brown_trout1.jpg RECORD RIVER CAUGHT BROWN TROUT 7LB 5OZ

http://www.spinningluresuk.com

It is very hard wearing , Look at the change in your pocket , some of it may be 20 , 30 years old ,

Also it comes in many colours ,it can also be super cleaned , or left dull , i dont think

water would effect it too much , Yes it would be a good novelty

Have you ever saw Money spinner blades Before ?

Cheers

You will have to test the coins with magnets as many are now nothing more than a iron center with a dipped outer face ,they certainly dont last in the earth and repeated wetting and slow drying will rot them very quickly .

Modern coinage even non clad are short lived going by the coins i find metal detecting yet victorian and edwardian coins come up like new ,unfortunately times change when coins are de-moneyised

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Well its really de moneytised (phonetically) it means the value of the coin is less than the face value of the coin ,it started here with silver coins in 1919 when the siver content halved ,by 1946? it had no silver at all

Gold coins went the other way their value was more than the face value of the coin so are not used as coinage.

Paper/fabric notes are just that ,just notes stating the bank owes you the value of them in coin but ofcourse there are no coins with value in circulation so you end up with a pocket of loose change rather than a single coin of the value of the note.

"i promise to pay the bearer" probably meant "i promise to pay the bearer in gold" when they were first issued

Its thought over half of one pound £ coins in circulation are fake they will probably last longer than the real ones going by what i find in the ground

Look at youtube with rings made from coins theres some better uses for them!

Our real coins were silver a groat was approx four pence ,cut it in half and you had a half groat or two pence cut it in half you had a penny.

There were half groat coins cut them in half you had two pennies ,again and you had two half pennies

Then there were penny coins you cut them up etc etc ,it was hard to get half a ferret so you needed small change

When i find an old siver coin i often wonder if the family starved on loosing it they were worth money then

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

• 2 weeks later...

,it started here with silver coins in 1919 when the siver content halved ,by 1946? it had no silver at all

Yes, I remember when the government announced it was withdrawing any coins with real silver in them.

I was in my teens then, and remember thinking "If its worth the government's while to do that, it must be worth my while to do the same"

So I always inspected my "silver" change after that, and chucked any coins containing real silver into a box. Although over the years, such coins turned up less and less frequently, (and ceased altogether with decimalisation) that box is now quite heavy, so I might start putting some of the contents into a local stamp and coin auction.

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

The silver content may not be worth much but some dates could make a few bob ,you could as a sideline turn some into rings

Several ways of doing it

The silver content may not be worth much but some dates could make a few bob

Yes, it was the possible scarcity value of particular coins rather than their actual silver content that decided me to explore the coin collectors' market. Silver itself is rather cheap (comparatively) at the moment.

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

Yes, it was the possible scarcity value of particular coins rather than their actual silver content that decided me to explore the coin collectors' market. Silver itself is rather cheap (comparatively) at the moment.

Gold is strange buy a ring one day ,go back the next to sell it and its almost worthless but the next day its in the window at ten times what the yid paid for it