Anglers Net Members Club/fish ins and teach ins

Dick Dastardly

Many years ago when AN was still quite young the subject of an ANMC was raised,lots of different formats were mentioned.Whilst I was living in France it was formed.What was decided and what is the score?

One sugestion that I quite liked was that members took turns at hosting fish/teach ins does this happen?If not what does everyone (ANMC and normal AN members alike) think?

The rough outline was that any member (regardless of experience etc) could hold one.For example some one who lives near a stretch of river that was producing Grayling well could invite AN people down to catch a Grayling on the "going" method.Another member could host a days pole fishing where people could get together and try each others gear or just try pole fishing if they had never tried it.A days get together learning how to make a pike trace or build a rod even.The choice is endless.Just a way of exchanging knowledge,learning and a chance of catching different species on new methods from new waters.

There is such a diversity and wealth of knowledge amongst AN members that we could all learn something (even me Mpdnsu! :P ) and it can be great fun!Are people interested?

[ 09. August 2004, 04:47 PM: Message edited by: BUDGIE ]

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes Budgie I am interested and a great idea

I think members of the AnglersNet and the Anglers Net Members Club should combine together to do any teach in, or any demonstration regardless whatever the status you are ie AnglersNet Members or the AnglersNet Members Club.

If you think you know everthing but there always room for improvement, isn't there!

Growing old is inevitable but growing up is optional

http://www.bass-online.co.uk/

Dont think there is a need to pay a "pro" mate.Thats the whole point of it.Never met one yet who knew any more than the guys on here who have been doing it a few years.Also most "pro's" I have met are very narrow in their feild of knowledge.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

I'd be happy to hold a pole teach-in on the Grand Union anywhere within 50 miles of Milton Keynes - I can even supply a spare pole if there's anyone who needs one for the day. I could even do a Carp on the pole session at one of the local Carp puddles if there was enough interest.

Will