Anglers Net Members Club/fish ins and teach ins

Dick Dastardly

ANMC - I'm sorting this out, but am pre-occupied with trying to keep my main business afloat and, more importantly, fishing Monday-Thursday next week :D

I'll sort it out some time after then.

TL,

Elton

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well we seem to have a bit of interest so who is going to put the first one on then?

Also I have never caught a sturgeon/sterlet in this country.If anyone knows a water that gives a realistic chance of catching one and wants to put on a fishin I would be most interested.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

i'd be well up for anything in the midlands/yorkshire area, is this pike fish in still happening? we could kae that a teach in too....

Budgie, have a look at

http://www.crowgreenfishery.com/default.aspx

Quite local to me, although I've never actually fished it so can't vouch for the accuracy of the website ;-)

Looking at his prices, booking the lake with the Sturgeon for us exclusively would cost £140 for a day. If enough people are interested to make this a possibility, I'd be happy to organise the bookings.

Mat

Mat

I would gladly join the ANMC in order to take advantage of 'fish ins' (nearly put two n's there - probably closer to the mark!) But, unfortunately the water must be disabled friendly.

I think you'll find a few more on the site with the same requirements.

[ 22. August 2004, 05:14 PM: Message edited by: kleinboet ]

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

I would be interested.Matt.

Kleinboet,please forgive my ignorance but is it possible for disabled anglers to fish most waters with assistance from able bodied mates or not? I apreciate that both venues and individual dissabilities vary but can you give us some guidlines,I feel that the whole idea behind this idea of mine is to get AN members out fishing together regardless of levels of skill/knowledge,lack of correct equipment,transport etc.These are all problems that as a "club" we can overcome, so I would hate for some ones dissability to prevent or hinder there ability to take part.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

I'd be willing to take a small number to one of my favourite fisheries - I normally fish for roach/perch etc but I also throw out a carp rod (carp to 30lb+ there). Because it is a popular venue however, weekends are out I'm afraid so weekdays only....

Tight lines

John S

Quanti Canicula Ille In Fenestra

Species caught in 2017 Common Ash, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, White Willow.

Species caught in 2016: Alder, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Crab Apple, Left Earlobe, Pedunculate Oak, Rock Whitebeam, Scots Pine, Smooth-leaved Elm, Swan, Wayfaring tree.

Species caught in 2015: Ash, Bird Cherry, Black-Headed Gull, Common Hazel, Common Whitebeam, Elder, Field Maple, Gorse, Puma, Sessile Oak, White Willow.

Species caught in 2014: Big Angry Man's Ear, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Common Whitebeam, Downy Birch, European Beech, European Holly, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, Wych Elm.
Species caught in 2013: Beech, Elder, Hawthorn, Oak, Right Earlobe, Scots Pine.

Species caught in 2012: Ash, Aspen, Beech, Big Nasty Stinging Nettle, Birch, Copper Beech, Grey Willow, Holly, Hazel, Oak, Wasp Nest (that was a really bad day), White Poplar.
Species caught in 2011: Blackthorn, Crab Apple, Elder, Fir, Hawthorn, Horse Chestnut, Oak, Passing Dog, Rowan, Sycamore, Willow.
Species caught in 2010: Ash, Beech, Birch, Elder, Elm, Gorse, Mullberry, Oak, Poplar, Rowan, Sloe, Willow, Yew.

Budgie - I'm afraid that asking about disabilities is like asking how long is a piece of string. However, I think what you want to know is about ambulatory disabled. I can walk a very short distance indeed as I have spondylosis (twisted spine),Angina and Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD).

Most disabled have some sort of ambulatory restriction, and then of course, you have the wheelchair users.

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

Elton:

ANMC - I'm sorting this out

Delighted to hear it Elton - like others, I've tried several times to join.

I would be only too pleased to help support an oufit that by its contacts has brought me some excellent fishing and a few new fishing mates.

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

Vagabond:

Vagabond:

ANMC - I'm sorting this out

Delighted to hear it Elton - like others, I've tried several times to join.

I would be only too pleased to help support an oufit that by its contacts has brought me some excellent fishing and a few new fishing mates.

I think this private (ANMC) forum should be open to everyone. Not a private membership :mad:

Growing old is inevitable but growing up is optional

http://www.bass-online.co.uk/