Anglers Net Members Club/fish ins and teach ins

Dick Dastardly

Andrew - until the software went sour the only requirement was to pay a small fee to join so it was open to all who were willing to pay the fee.

I'm guessing it will be pretty much the same when Elton gets the bugs worked out this time.

There were benefits that more than made up for the joining fee too. Discounts on quite a few purchases so you would quickly make back the money you'd put in.

[ 24. August 2004, 12:17 AM: Message edited by: Newt ]

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Klein.I realise what you are saying forgive me for not wordind it very well.What I was trying to get at was without causing any offence would yourself and other dissabled guys on here be able to attend at most venues with assistance to move both yourselves and your gear to/into swims etc or would we need to look at a venue with specific facilities? Once again I take your point that each dissability will have specific needs and this is a bit of a "how long is a" question.

If there is a lot more to it than just carrying some gear and pushing a wheel chair to a swim then some one with a bit more insight into dissabled angling would be better quallified to arrange it,,,,,,,erm funny enough I think I know some one :P Just dont discriminate by not inviting the rest of us!

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Vagabond,me too! I get a lot more pleasure from AN then some clubs I belong to and all papers/magazines I subscribe too.Elton supplies a great facility for us and I think that suporting it both through becomming more "clubby" and with a bit of dough is the way ahead.The beauty of it is that no one needs to be ever "priced out" so to speak.

Andrew,wind your neck in Fat Boy! :P Wait till Elton gets round to posting the details and you will see that all can join.I know you will! All your millions its just burning a hole in your pocket int it? :D

Any way when you going to organise a river/barbell fish in at Harvington for us all? October would be a great month for it.

Budgie, consider your name on the list :)

I will have to work out the details and maybe plan something with the owner of the lake, but I am looking at maybe 4 people tops so I can give them my (almost) total attention and still get some fishing in myself....

More soon, tight lines :)

John S

Quanti Canicula Ille In Fenestra

Species caught in 2017 Common Ash, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, White Willow.

Species caught in 2016: Alder, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Crab Apple, Left Earlobe, Pedunculate Oak, Rock Whitebeam, Scots Pine, Smooth-leaved Elm, Swan, Wayfaring tree.

Species caught in 2015: Ash, Bird Cherry, Black-Headed Gull, Common Hazel, Common Whitebeam, Elder, Field Maple, Gorse, Puma, Sessile Oak, White Willow.

Species caught in 2014: Big Angry Man's Ear, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Common Whitebeam, Downy Birch, European Beech, European Holly, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, Wych Elm.
Species caught in 2013: Beech, Elder, Hawthorn, Oak, Right Earlobe, Scots Pine.

Species caught in 2012: Ash, Aspen, Beech, Big Nasty Stinging Nettle, Birch, Copper Beech, Grey Willow, Holly, Hazel, Oak, Wasp Nest (that was a really bad day), White Poplar.
Species caught in 2011: Blackthorn, Crab Apple, Elder, Fir, Hawthorn, Horse Chestnut, Oak, Passing Dog, Rowan, Sycamore, Willow.
Species caught in 2010: Ash, Beech, Birch, Elder, Elm, Gorse, Mullberry, Oak, Poplar, Rowan, Sloe, Willow, Yew.

...and of course we are already doing something like this on the Sea Forum.

As a result of AN I have had the privilege of fishing with Davy Holt and getting involved in skate tagging, and am just back from a weekend's bass fishing with other AN members. See the "Electric Blue" thread on the Sea Forum.

There have also been various adventures on and off the Wessex coast, with Spasor, Jim Roper, Sand Tiger and many other AN people getting involved.

Yes, its for an elite clique - come and join us

[ 24. August 2004, 08:39 AM: Message edited by: Vagabond ]

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

Message to Jeepster and any other pikers: October 23rd at Pebley Reservoir is on my calendar as a meet-up-and-fish day. When I proposed this day, I hoped some better pikers than myself would be around, but I wouldn't go so far as to call it a 'teach-in'.

You meet all kinds of animal on the riverbank.

I'm currently orgainising a grayling day on the River Test at Timsbury (between Stockbridge and Romsey in Hampshire)(my 4th fish-in for the ANMC ). I've got 4 places to fill. £15 a head plus I'll be tapping folks up on the day for a contribution to Cancer Research UK. The previous 3 fish-ins have raised over a grand - if you're interested in coming the date is 16/10/04. Please e-mail me OFF FORUM at chrisplumb@hotmail.com (or leave a PM here)if you wanna come (you'll get the chance to meet Elton!) As I said I've only got 4 places left so very much 1st come 1st served!!!

Chris

[ 24. August 2004, 08:57 AM: Message edited by: Chris Plumb ]

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog

"...and of course we are already doing something like this on the Sea Forum." nooo nooooo Vag If you put it on the sea section then none of the coarse and game anglers would ever be persuaded/tempted to give it a go! Maybe all fish ins could go in a section of their own or on the ANMC once people have been able to join it? A good incentive to join me thinks.