I am amazed at how many adults in the 21st century still anthropomorphize animals.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

I am amazed at how many adults in the 21st century still anthropomorphize animals.

I prefer to tenderize animals

Smile they said life could get worse, I did and it was

And i love to eat them, yummy yummy

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

Well mate i can tell you with me i certainly don't because if i did i would not be able to fly them. So i can say with over 30 years of experience with birds i for one don't.

Birds and many other animals have no conscience. None at all. I could give you a pure example of this with a bird. many who do try to

anthropomorphize animals become victims or killers depending on what animal but we are on birds so lets keep it there. Birds that hunt in packs just as many animals do are in general more intelligent than single hunters brcause they need to communicate. Some also learn that some things they can do is extremely intelligent for that species in their world such as a crow breaking off a stick putting it through a hole in a trunk and trying to get a grub out. If the stick is not long enough or to short they will change it. They may even sharpen it to stab it cleanly. There are no birds i know that can do that apart from a handful. The way they hunt and so defend themselves make it quite difficult to catch even for the fastest 250mph Peregrine falcon.But a pigeon has little chance and does an eagle if the falcon is defending its nest. I have seen a peregrine kill a female red Tail buzzard which is the size of a male golden eagle killed stone dead by one....I am not going to waffle on. But i shall re-phrase i believe that the crow family are the most intelligent although there is a bird of prey more clever i think but leave it there....To understand birds to fly them you have to go into their world and not them into yours. Domestic animals are 50/50 i think in both worlds as they have been conditioned that way over hundreds of years ..ATVB

There is not one thing different between ideology and religeon

....it never ceases to amaze me how many people shoot foxes. In my neck of the woods one would think that there couldn't possibly be any left as almost everybody with an FAC shoots them...and many illegally, on the vermin clause, whereas they actually need them put down specifically on their FAC as foxes are not classed as vermin in the UK.

There is no legal definition of 'vermin'. It just applies to any species that is destrucrive or injurious to health, and that of course includes foxes. They don't need to appear on a FAC and can be shot with impunity with a licensed shotgun too.

• Like 1
"Some people hear their inner voices with such clarity that they live by what they hear, such people go crazy, but they become legends"

Spot on Emma.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!

Foxes are not classed as vermin, but nor are they a protected species. Anyone can call in a pest controller to get rid of a fox that is causing problems on their property (for example stealing, killing chickens, worrying animals, digging up plants). It is then up to the individual pest controller to decide whether or not the fox is a menace and what action should be taken. Quite often a pest controller won’t dispose of the fox - especially if removing the fox won’t solve the problem. If rubbish is being left out overnight for example, then removing one fox is unlikely to prevent more foxes from coming scavenging in the future.

There are only two legal methods that can be used to dispose of a fox within the Animal Welfare Act; shooting or cage trapping followed by the administration of a lethal injection. There are no national statistics on how many urban foxes are ‘dispatched’ by pest controllers. Foxes Live has spoken to some of London’s leading pest controllers who ‘dispatch’ between and 150 to 500 a year each. Our estimate is that around 10,000 urban foxes are killed annually.

Only trained pest control professionals should trap or shoot foxes and they must have the appropriate fire arm licenses. A lethal injection can only be administered by a vet, and most vets are unwilling to put down any healthy animal. Most pest controllers who use firearms will trap the fox first, especially in urban environments. This helps ensure the fox is killed cleanly and is not caused any suffering.

Foxes can only be trapped in cages – it is illegal and cruel to trap a fox inside its den. Laying poison or putting out poisoned food for foxes carries heavy fines and can lead to imprisonment. It also puts other people and wildlife at risk.

This was written by a pest controller I used to know.

It depends how you define the word pest. Legally there is only one way however the only reason it’s not put down as an official pest is because that would give it almost free access for anyone to shoot it which in urban areas is a bit dangerous to say the least. It does not amaze me how many are shot (need I mention a recent injury to a baby in her own home).Anyone who does not need a fire arms certificate can shoot on another piece of land providing they have permission to do so but only with a shotgun

What irritates me is that many do not see the harm they do to a farmers living. Most farmers’ work 24/7 and the last thing they need is having their chickens wiped out. It’s THEIR living. If you had your wages dipped into by somebody every week would you not want to get rid of them. Farmers don’t hate them but like badgers affecting their cattle they have a right to cull them in my view. In fact many like them as they keep the rabbits down But cons out weigh the pros with rabbits. Anyone seen a horse’s leg broken as it fell down a rabbit hole? I have and it had to be shot an hour later and it upset me and annoyed me too.

So the more the better to me or is it their lovely fluffy tails like a squirrel that the people fall in love with them. Take the tail off a squirrel you have a Rat. I wonder how many people know that

Culling debates are as long standing as the hills and an equilibrium should try to be made. And a debate can go on forever and a day :)

Edited by Dave H

There is not one thing different between ideology and religeon

Foxes are not classed as vermin...

Under English Law NO animal is "classed as vermin". Vermin is a word with no legal definition under English Law.

I was not aware that fox snares are illegal now. When did that happen? In fact a quick google reveals that snaring is still legal. I am not suggesting it is humane though.

Edited by Lid