What a strange comment!

Of course I eat sheep, beef, pigs, chicken pheasants and lots more. Why is that relevant to me not shooting foxes or holding a view on other native predators eating non-native animals...such as otters?

Sheep, chicken, pheaseant are all "non-native" money making machines.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Sheep are native infact our soay sheep are probably the oldest surviving breed in europe. cows are native from well before mans time on earth as are pigs

Your right pheasants are not and dogs are not just for christmas,chickens are not so easy to pin down as theres many origins other than jungle fowl

Trouble is pinning down when species disapeared and were reintroduced rather than never existing here at all ,we dont have bears or wolves but they existed in the past as did sabre tooth cats ,bison ,hippo and a fair few other beasts we term as foreign now

Honey bees are not which tends to put a mocker on the doom and gloom lot that insist we will all die from fruitlessness if they die out

Technically as we were part of the european continent until recently anything that walked or crawled on the continent could have been here ,after the north sea appeared being an island we could have eaten most of the larger or tastier beasts long before records began

Edited by chesters1
  • Like 1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

It's a funny thing but, I've never seen a lamb that I know was killed by a fox..Even when I was working in the Lake District (many years ago during a few lambing seasons) and I've never met a sheep farmer round this area who has ever seen a fox kill a lamb. I am sure that it does happen occasionally but, I have seen a fox with two broken legs that had to be put out of its misery after being completely splattered by a ewe..and more than a few dogs that have come off second best after getting too close to ewes with lambs.

In my area (and most others I know) foxes are shot for 'fun' and because they eat pheasants...! That just goes against my 'native predator eats non-native money machine = fair play' views :hypocrite:

I have, plus a friend of mine lost 10 lambs to foxes over 8 days at the beginning of lambing one year.

Edited by Lid

It's a funny thing but, I've never seen a lamb that I know was killed by a fox..Even when I was working in the Lake District (many years ago during a few lambing seasons) and I've never met a sheep farmer round this area who has ever seen a fox kill a lamb. I am sure that it does happen occasionally but, I have seen a fox with two broken legs that had to be put out of its misery after being completely splattered by a ewe..and more than a few dogs that have come off second best after getting too close to ewes with lambs.

In my area (and most others I know) foxes are shot for 'fun' and because they eat pheasants...! That just goes against my 'native predator eats non-native money machine = fair play' views :hypocrite:

I have seen foxes in the act of killing lambs several times, I've seen 2 foxes working together one distracting the ewe while the other darted in on the lamb. That was right here in the Lake District where before I became unable to walk a few yards up a gentle slope, I and a friend did the fox control for the Borrowdale, Latrigg, Lonscale, Derwent valley and Bassenthwaite areas, covering miles over the fells at night. I havn't seen foxes doing it (lamb killing)in daylight but have at night through image intensifiers and by lamplight. They do kill, and that killing impacts upon hill farmers/shepherds who struggle along as it is trying to make a living as tennents of the national trust.

"Some people hear their inner voices with such clarity that they live by what they hear, such people go crazy, but they become legends"

Right i am on a roll here so lets talk about that idiot may from queen sticking up for badgers not being culled!...Well 'Mr Flash master of nothing'

In fact what we could do is put him in a nice shed and watch one cow from start to finish die from TB . Then come and compensate the farmer . These people just can't get over the cover of the book and not what is inside it!

ahh i understand that there isn't a vaccine for t b because non are agreed by the eu. and being a cynic, no doubt money will play a part somehow or the other.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

As i have said all along that those who have worked or lived or spent long times in the countryside know what they are capable off. They are wild and i don't blame them they are what they are but they ruin farmers lives and god they have it tough enough as it is.

There is not one thing different between ideology and religeon

SAC doesn't have the same requirements for listing quarry but obvious commonsense would apply to shooting a dog sized animal with a shotgun!

It;s all alien (what happens in the English countryside) to you this isn't it?. Next time you look at a split shot box have a look and a thinki about what AAAs and BBs and even No4 shot good for (apart from wildfowl).

Shotguns even have their ligitimate uses for shoting people in certain circumstances. be asured that thousands of foxes are killed with shotguns, and many more are yet to be.

"Some people hear their inner voices with such clarity that they live by what they hear, such people go crazy, but they become legends"

Sheep, chicken, pheaseant are all "non-native" money making machines.

So? What has that got to do with me not shooting foxes but eating non-native meat?...sorry, I just don't see the relevance of your comment. If farmers want to produce non-native produce what 'right' do they have to shoot native predators if they're not prepared to spend time and money preventing predation?

Do you think that otters should be killed because they eat money making carp?

Or buzzards because they eat non-native rabbits?

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

I have, plus a friend of mine lost 10 lambs to foxes over 8 days at the beginning of lambing one year.

All observed kills?....**** husbandry then.

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

Oh Ok. You if you don't actually SEE the fox killing your lambs in the middle of the night, it's your fault?

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote