Nitty gritty.

Eradicate them, or let them run free, or a yearly cull to keep the count down ?

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

Kill them. Put them in a sanctuary for zoo freaks . What about that poor baby who had the finger chewed up. Grr

Bad husbandry.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

I remember once a tv programme about some uproar in the mountains of spain where the locals were killing any wolves they came across because they were killing sheep .

The cameraman put up a hide up a mountain near one of these villages and spent many days staking the place out.

Anyway it came to pass it was the villagers dogs that formed a pack and hunted down the sheep.

Unfortunately when they hunted down a sheep it was not a pretty sight (unfortunately on film on high zoom) they didnt kill the poor things they ate them alive the sheep sitting there bleating as dogs chewed away haunts me as i think about it.

Its very easy to blame foxes killing lambs but if you have hundreds of acres how do you know its foxes killing lambs ,you may see instances of foxes taking placentas but perhaps its eagles or gangs of weasles or bandicoots ,perhaps the sheep mums didnt want to be unwed mothers and killed the young and the foxes did what nature intended and cleared up the mess.

In kent and the south the lambing ewes are watched from wheeled shelters by things called shepherds and they have snarly dogs just like shepherds have since we domesticated sheep ,it seems to work

Perhaps its excuses " the foxes did it i tell yer" making sure the master didnt see the heaving freezer or notice the nice thick meat in your sarnies at work

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

There is much more to shooting foxes with a shotgun than pot shotting with brd (5, 6 shot) in the course of a daytime pheasant shoot, but there are no 'rules' either formal or informal about using a shotgun to take foxes.

I understand the motives behind your sentiments, the shooting at things with weapons not powerful enough for the job, for example I stopped shooting hares almost 30 years ago as so many simply rolled up and carried on running while clearly carrying a load of lead.

Laamping a fox at night (and always backed up with a lurcher who knows his business) is a different matter altogether.

We live in a densely populated country, firearms (rifles) can be restrictive tools, for example one must always be sure of where a round is going to land should it miss or pass straight through the target, even here in therelatively remote lake district there is the constant concern about walkers, campers(and anglers!) and tourists in general who are liable to turn up literally anywhere, One night we found a German hiker sleeping in the open in a field where we were shooting rabbits using .22 HV ammo.

Some of the tennant farmers have to allow campsites, the darkness, people sleeping in tents on the ground and rifles are not a mix which allows for free safe shooting of foxes (or anything else).

I will be out at sometime this week with my son attempting to knock off 2 foxes (different locations). 4 Barrels of AAAs at a 'squeaked in. matey no further than 10 to 15 yards and a back up dog. Perfectly legal and perfectly effective too.

I quite agree, that's the way to do it if you have the need to do it!

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

When you are ready to move on from ad hominen and straw man arguments I'll be ready to debate.

Ditto, if you go back and read my post #17 you'll see that your "straw man arguments" are what caused the "ad hominem" comments. Comment on what I write and not what you think I mean. I know you have a brain Cory but on occasion you do let it out of the box to run around on its own...

• Like 1

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

Bad husbandry.

could be...somebody left the hen-house door open.... :ph34r:

I know you have a brain Cory but on occasion you do let it out of the box to run around on its own...

:bigemo_harabe_net-163: :bigemo_harabe_net-163:

Maybe I do mate, maybe sometimes I just let my emotions run away a bit. Anyway it's a good line. Hope you don't mind if I add it to my repertoire.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

:bigemo_harabe_net-163: :bigemo_harabe_net-163:

Maybe I do mate, maybe sometimes I just let my emotions run away a bit. Anyway it's a good line. Hope you don't mind if I add it to my repertoire.

As long as you promise not to use it against me :hypocrite: