Deer culling is and has been a regular occurrence round here since fallows were introduced...never likely to see one in a supermarket though, wrong shape, wrong size, wrong colour and, horror of horrors, not killed in an abbatoir....and not enough profit for mr Tesco et al....fortunately.

Not true you can buy venison sausages, burgers, and leg in Tesco.

And deer is not dear at Asda.

I had a play with Google and it appears that you can find venison products at fine supermarkets everywhere.

http://www.highlandgame.com/stockists.php

Edited by corydoras

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Oh deer, :whistling: never liked venison myself.

Lovely grub, I was brought up on venison and salmon.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!

WHat paret of "foxes may be killed with impunity" don't you get Dave?. Where I was brought up foxes were shot on sight. My Grandad never went out the hill without his shotgun and he was out the hill every day. In the lambing season the fox killing went up a gear or two, especially if you could get a few dens full of cubs.

What group of foxes can be kiled by exemption ?. I think that's a pedantic way of looking at my post . As explained that as my passion and living are flying birds i see it as not exceptable to use another animal when it is putting that animal in a high percentage of killing it by all means go and drag a bit of rag with scent on it . Like your grandad i shoot foxes but using NV as the farm out the back of my house has massive chicken pens...To me it's Vermin like a squirrel however you intepretate the word :)

There is not one thing different between ideology and religeon

What group of foxes can be kiled by exemption ?. I think that's a pedantic way of looking at my post . As explained that as my passion and living are flying birds i see it as not exceptable to use another animal when it is putting that animal in a high percentage of killing it by all means go and drag a bit of rag with scent on it . Like your grandad i shoot foxes but using NV as the farm out the back of my house has massive chicken pens...To me it's Vermin like a squirrel however you intepretate the word :)

Wrong Dave mate. That was a ripost to chesters1 Dave ;)

I'm with you, the only good fox is a dead one.

Edited by corydoras

thats the trouble with names theyre not unique

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

I had a play with Google and it appears that you can find venison products at fine supermarkets everywhere.

Think the key phrase in that Asda article is "deer farmer" - the supermarkets certainly sell venison, but I think Worms was talking about culled deer rather than farmed and slaughtered deer.

Think the key phrase in that Asda article is "deer farmer" - the supermarkets certainly sell venison, but I think Worms was talking about culled deer rather than farmed and slaughtered deer.

It all has to get eaten somewhere, by someone.

But it will be farmed venison, not culled from the wild!

Oops, yes Steve was right, didn't see his post before I replied!

Edited by Worms

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

the only good fox is a dead one.

Or...an essential predator, scavenger and cleaner up of the countryside...A good job that by and large they're more adaptable than the people that try to kill them!

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!