Wrong Dave mate. That was a ripost to chesters1 Dave ;)

I'm with you, the only good fox is a dead one.

I thought that was a bit odd compared with what had been said? ....Now i am back on track..I think...I am sure :)

There is not one thing different between ideology and religeon

Right i am on a roll here so lets talk about that idiot may from queen sticking up for badgers not being culled!...Well 'Mr Flash master of nothing'

In fact what we could do is put him in a nice shed and watch one cow from start to finish die from TB . Then come and compensate the farmer . These people just can't get over the cover of the book and not what is inside it!

Edited by Dave H

There is not one thing different between ideology and religeon

Bloody good guitarist though. e3634.gif

My sister used to keep chickens in her back garden in the village she lived in. It was a common event to lose them to foxes.

One night my brother in law and i laid in wait. BOOM BOOM BOOM. Safe chickens and not so safe foxes.

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

The game in my local butcher's shop is hunted - but most people shop at supermarkets.

Some peolpe, like me, don't have a lot of choice. I don't have a car and there are no butchers in Southampton any more.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Or...an essential predator, scavenger and cleaner up of the countryside...A good job that by and large they're more adaptable than the people that try to kill them!

You wouldn't think that if you were a sheperd on a Scottish hill farm in lambing season, Too many deaths by fox predation=P45.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!

Some peolpe, like me, don't have a lot of choice. I don't have a car and there are no butchers in Southampton any more.

You would have a choice if everybody else hadn't already voted for the pre-packed crap.

Surprised there are none at all, though, that's really poor - we've got at least four within a 20 minute bicycle ride.

You wouldn't think that if you were a sheperd on a Scottish hill farm in lambing season, Too many deaths by fox predation=P45.

It's a funny thing but, I've never seen a lamb that I know was killed by a fox..Even when I was working in the Lake District (many years ago during a few lambing seasons) and I've never met a sheep farmer round this area who has ever seen a fox kill a lamb. I am sure that it does happen occasionally but, I have seen a fox with two broken legs that had to be put out of its misery after being completely splattered by a ewe..and more than a few dogs that have come off second best after getting too close to ewes with lambs.

In my area (and most others I know) foxes are shot for 'fun' and because they eat pheasants...! That just goes against my 'native predator eats non-native money machine = fair play' views :hypocrite:

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

You would have a choice if everybody else hadn't already voted for the pre-packed crap.

Surprised there are none at all, though, that's really poor - we've got at least four within a 20 minute bicycle ride.

I had a google after I posted that and I have found one that is almost within walking distance, so I'll check it out. When I moved here in th 1980s there were three in the town centre..

It's a funny thing but, I've never seen a lamb that I know was killed by a fox..Even when I was working in the Lake District (many years ago during a few lambing seasons) and I've never met a sheep farmer round this area who has ever seen a fox kill a lamb. I am sure that it does happen occasionally but, I have seen a fox with two broken legs that had to be put out of its misery after being completely splattered by a ewe..and more than a few dogs that have come off second best after getting too close to ewes with lambs.

In my area (and most others I know) foxes are shot for 'fun' and because they eat pheasants...! That just goes against my 'native predator eats non-native money machine = fair play' views :hypocrite:

I hope you don't eat lamb or use any woolen products. Do you eat beef? That's the product of another non-native money machine. So is chicken.

I hope you don't eat lamb or use any woolen products. Do you eat beef? That's the product of another non-native money machine. So is chicken.

What a strange comment!

Of course I eat sheep, beef, pigs, chicken pheasants and lots more. Why is that relevant to me not shooting foxes or holding a view on other native predators eating non-native animals...such as otters?

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!