Aims and targets for 2013

redtail

After last year my aim is like Viney just to get out and fish. Only one days fishing since July. I want to learn more about a fish i have never really targeted and that's the Eel. The other perhaps later on is get a good Pike under my Belt but to be honest as said just to get out. :)

There is not one thing different between ideology and religeon

hmm:

• catch more bream and fish lake 2 of my local lakes more for them
  • head out and fish some different venues for more species
  • grab more video for pen fishing rods.com and hopefully get some bigger fish on film

After last year my aim is like Viney just to get out and fish. Only one days fishing since July. I want to learn more about a fish i have never really targeted and that's the Eel. The other perhaps later on is get a good Pike under my Belt but to be honest as said just to get out. :)

I'm the same mate, would love to catch a decent pike, I like catching eels too but sadly another species on the decline

hmm:

• catch more bream and fish lake 2 of my local lakes more for them
  • head out and fish some different venues for more species
  • grab more video for pen fishing rods.com and hopefully get some bigger fish on film
good luck mate, I love catching bream, would love a big one, my biggest is 6lb 2oz
Mine comes in about 5lb 2 I think.....not got any big bream waters nearby but the 2nd lake just up the road from me you can bag 11 or so in a few hours! My best there is 15 bream in about 3 hours all between 3 and 5lb.....not great by some standards I'm sure...but a evening of pure pleasure for me!

Mine comes in about 5lb 2 I think.....not got any big bream waters nearby but the 2nd lake just up the road from me you can bag 11 or so in a few hours! My best there is 15 bream in about 3 hours all between 3 and 5lb.....not great by some standards I'm sure...but a evening of pure pleasure for me!

that's great fishing, is that on the feeder, pole or waggler?

waggler;

the lake is maybe 7 foot at its deepest; I fish laying about an inch on bottom, about 4 metres out; feed with hemp and pellet and fish with maggot or luncheon meat.

its a mixed bag with a few small carp, goldfish and the occasional roach/rudd hybrid; then youll hit into 3 or 4 bream...then they will go quiet and youll be back to the smaller stuff before the bream come back again! LOL

I rarely get to fish during the day because of work so we hit the lake about 5pm and fish through til dusk....

its either that lake or its sister carp lake...both just 5 mins drive up the road from me! :)

waggler;

the lake is maybe 7 foot at its deepest; I fish laying about an inch on bottom, about 4 metres out; feed with hemp and pellet and fish with maggot or luncheon meat.

its a mixed bag with a few small carp, goldfish and the occasional roach/rudd hybrid; then youll hit into 3 or 4 bream...then they will go quiet and youll be back to the smaller stuff before the bream come back again! LOL

I rarely get to fish during the day because of work so we hit the lake about 5pm and fish through til dusk....

its either that lake or its sister carp lake...both just 5 mins drive up the road from me! :)

sounds like a great fishery and close to home too