Aims and targets for 2013

redtail

I'm at a bit of a loss to be honest. I've massively enjoyed my lure fishing over Winter (see blog), but when the pike and perch have spawned it will loose it's appeal somewhat.

I'll divide mine into seasonal targets.

I think Spring (if it ever arrives) will be spent chasing a double figure tench. Unfortunately, the likelihood is that I'll either catch a carp or see a few showing and end up focusing all my attention on them again.

Summer I'd like to have a go for a double figure barbel. I spent a few years targeting them but got stuck on 9lb 8oz. I still remember the moment I struck my bait out of a 14+'s mouth like it was yesterday :cry:. I'm sure I'll have a little go for the carp as well.. a certain upper 40 has eluded me for the past 5 years and it's always at the back of my mind. :wallbash: . That one can't go on too much longer so it's now or never really.

Autumn will probably see the start of a conceited effort for a 4lb perch. I'd like one of them more than anything.

And Winter I think will be spent after a 6+ chub and a 20+ pike, in amongst some more perching.

I do like a challenge ;) .

I'm at a bit of a loss to be honest. I've massively enjoyed my lure fishing over Winter (see blog), but when the pike and perch have spawned it will loose it's appeal somewhat.

I think Spring (if it ever arrives) will be spent chasing a double figure tench. Unfortunately, the likelihood is that I'll either catch a carp or see a few showing and end up focusing all my attention on them again.

Summer I'd like to have a go for a double figure barbel. I spent a few years targeting them but got stuck on 9lb 8oz. I still remember the moment I struck my bait out of a 14+'s mouth like it was yesterday :cry:. I'm sure I'll have a little go for the carp as well.. a certain upper 40 has eluded me for the past 5 years and it's always at the back of my mind. :wallbash: . That one can't go on too much longer so it's now or never really.

Autumn will probably see the start of a conceited effort for a 4lb perch. I'd like one of them more than anything.

And Winter I think will be spent after a 6+ chub and a 20+ pike, in amongst some more perching.

Barbel will definitely be my main target this year, beating my p.b would be nice but I will be happy just to get out and catch a few! But a few sessions will definitely be dedicated to a certain weirpool and stream that hold some very large fish.

I also want to catch a barbel trotting on the 'pin and try rolling meat through shallower sections.

My main aim though due to limited bank time through work and family commitments is not to get sucked into sitting behind rods on alarms, I want to get out and actually fish not cast and wait!

http://www.basingengineering.co.uk/

Instagram: mrmjv88

have you got a link to your blog, would love to read it?

Barbel will definitely be my main target this year, beating my p.b would be nice but I will be happy just to get out and catch a few! But a few sessions will definitely be dedicated to a certain weirpool and stream that hold some very large fish.

I also want to catch a barbel trotting on the 'pin and try rolling meat through shallower sections.

My main aim though due to limited bank time through work and family commitments is not to get sucked into sitting behind rods on alarms, I want to get out and actually fish not cast and wait!

Barbel will be on my hitlist this year as my pb is a lowly 6lb 11oz