British records increasing .

Dave H

If it's the largest rod caught barbel in the UK, of course it should be recognised - it's a matter of historical fact, not a hall of fame or a prize for achievement. Whoever stuck the thing in a stillwater is still a bounder and a cad, mind, and should be forced to live in a small caravan with half a dozen very flatulent pigs.

Rudd, when you mention John Wilson ,and Melton Lake , if you refer to when he caught about 10 doubles on lob tail on the float from a boat ,it had absolutely nothing to do with Melton lake , it was miles away from there, and as far as I know , assuming those were the bream to which you were talking about , there was no question of salinity affecting the size of the bream.If those were the bream you were talking about I am right . If not , you may be right but I missed that programme .

That was the secret lake episode, he also caught some big Perch. The Melton one and another at Ardleigh both targetting Bream were seperate.

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

If i.m not mistaken ( believe that if you want ) he caught some well into the doubles.

Same as one year with a well known angling oholiday firm.

Bob Nudd catches a bag of 350lbs of bream.

We went to a roadshow where he and the owner of the said holiday firm were speaking. One lad in the audience on the Q&A part asked, Bob and Martin this question.

Where did you get the 350lbs bag from, because i can guarantee that anyone in this room who went to Ireland this year struggled, at least 100 lads put their hands up.

After a bit of whispering they decided to spill the beans. He caught them from a private place, only accessible by boat. The bloke who's home was on the bank filled it in every day with groundbait, caster , sweetcorn etc.

There was uproar in the place.

Off topic i know but thought i would share with you. :whistling:

Fritton lake?

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!