British records increasing .

Dave H

Dave, it is an interesting link, I was just making the point that it isn't really about fish not growing as large so much as the types of fish present changing.

Dave, it is an interesting link, I was just making the point that it isn't really about fish not growing as large so much as the types of fish present changing.

I agree. That's what i was trying to point out by saying read this its interesting that it says the opposite in salt water. i thought it interesting why it was the case. phone quite well answered the question on why he thought it.

all the best mate :)

There is not one thing different between ideology and religeon

Rudd, Roach, and Dace records are all held up north these days. Is that a sign that they are not to keen on warmer temps?

Not sure how many wannabe Bleak and gudgeon record holders there is out there. :)

Interesting thought. The Gulf Stream has been very low over the last 4 years which is why we have had cold weather all year round.

but does that make a difference? Surely in some ways it has too. We hear of all sorts of animals changing patterns of migration and breeding habits . So this has to in some way effect growth rates. It's a subject that nobody really knows. It's the same as the lunar cycle that some agree it changes if the fish feed on a full moon or not....Let's not get onto that one please :doh: ...LOL

Edited by Dave H

Dave, apart from the first line, that post was not directed at you, it was a general point to everyone. The question to you was because I wasn't sure what you meant.

I'm not sure about me looking for things that aren't there, I think sometimes you look for offence that isn't there.

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Dave, apart from the first line, that post was not directed at you, it was a general point to everyone. The question to you was because I wasn't sure what you meant.

I'm not sure about me looking for things that aren't there, I think sometimes you look for offence that isn't there.

I never look for offence mate. I know what offence means andrew and experienced it in a much more serious way. If you see it as that then i apologise. One of those internet things mate. hopefully i can meet you at some point at wingham for a brew. :)

Putting the weight issue slightly to one side (we've all seen over extended stomachs (i look in the mirror)

The more point of interest to me are the fish growing bigger frame wise aswell rather than just there waistlines.

Personally i think boilies only fatten up fish they have to be big before this. I would be more inclined towards a longer growing season.

So we have a combination of things working in favour of larger fish.

Milder weather = higher weed growth = more invertabrates = extended period of food available = bigger fish

add to this the additional nutrients off of the land and it increases even more.

But there again i havnt fished in over a year now so what do i know.

everytime i catch a fish i'm lucky when i blank i'm a hopeless angler.

Guest 1lastcast

It takes a good angler to change his views, a better one to admit it. Respect!

Awww thanks Steve,

and OK Andrew you just might be right ...this time :unsure:

Awww thanks Steve,

and OK Andrew you just might be right ...this time :unsure:

That applies to all things in life. If you think you are wrong admit it. The world is full of terrible things that have happened that many have not said they are wrong...Lyndon B Johnson and vietnam springs to mind. And not an apology to those that died and still none today

Anyone have any idea if records accross the rest of Europe have increased at the same sort of rates?

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

Rudd, Roach, and Dace records are all held up north these days. Is that a sign that they are not to keen on warmer temps?

Not sure how many wannabe Bleak and gudgeon record holders there is out there. :)

Possible or it may be that the black plague prefer the Southern climate ;)

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!