British records increasing .

Dave H

Awww thanks Steve,

and OK Andrew you just might be right ...this time :unsure:

? about what.

. :shutup:

Edited by Andrew

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

Interesting thought. The Gulf Stream has been very low over the last 4 years which is why we have had cold weather all year round.

but does that make a difference? Surely in some ways it has too. We hear of all sorts of animals changing patterns of migration and breeding habits . So this has to in some way effect growth rates. It's a subject that nobody really knows. It's the same as the lunar cycle that some agree it changes if the fish feed on a full moon or not....Let's not get onto that one please :doh: ...LOL

Yes the last few years there seems to have been a bit of a swing back to the way the weather used to be. Its the end of march and I'm sitting here writing this and there is a blizard outside and I'm wondering if the school bus will run. There was a time when i wasn't sure if my teenage kids would ever see proper snow as the winters had got so mild. Maybe these few harder winters we have been having lately will slow fish growths down a bit.

A tiger does not lose sleep over the opinion of sheep

Guest 1lastcast

That applies to all things in life. If you think you are wrong admit it. The world is full of terrible things that have happened that many have not said they are wrong...Lyndon B Johnson and vietnam springs to mind. And not an apology to those that died and still none today

True Dave, but I did go along with your views on HNV and I guess it is a factor, but thinking about it more carefully the warmer waters when applied to the carp family would probably be the main reasons for 'short term' size increase.

However any sort of warming at the moment seems a a bit of a myth.

I meant Anderoo,

Sorry you will have to wait a bit longer.

Got all the time in the world. chum

Hows about a two tier records

Still water and running water.

Edited by Andrew

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

Rudd, when you mention John Wilson ,and Melton Lake , if you refer to when he caught about 10 doubles on lob tail on the float from a boat ,it had absolutely nothing to do with Melton lake , it was miles away from there, and as far as I know , assuming those were the bream to which you were talking about , there was no question of salinity affecting the size of the bream.If those were the bream you were talking about I am right . If not , you may be right but I missed that programme .

John Wilson did do an episode of go fishing on Melton fishing for bream I remember an area of the lake where he fished being closed off.

The year Breakaway Tackle started to manage Melton a friend and I fished it on a day ticket, we both struggled to catch. We noticed that there was a lot of shrimp in the water.

After catching some shrimp in our landing net, we tried these on the hook and we both had perch on them.

Edited by garylee

Smile they said life could get worse, I did and it was

John Wilson did do an episode of go fishing on Melton fishing for bream I remember an area of the lake where he fished being closed off.

The year Breakaway Tackle started to manage Melton a friend and I fished it on a day ticket, we both struggled to catch. We noticed that there was a lot of shrimp in the water.

After catching some shrimp in our landing net, we tried these on the hook and we both had perch on them.

If i.m not mistaken ( believe that if you want ) he caught some well into the doubles.

Same as one year with a well known angling holiday firm.

Bob Nudd catches a bag of 350lbs of bream.

We went to a roadshow where he and the owner of the said holiday firm were speaking. One lad in the audience on the Q&A part asked, Bob and Martin this question.

Where did you get the 350lbs bag from, because i can guarantee that anyone in this room who went to Ireland this year struggled, at least 100 lads put their hands up.

After a bit of whispering they decided to spill the beans. He caught them from a private place, only accessible by boat. The bloke who's home was on the bank filled it in every day with groundbait, caster , sweetcorn etc.

There was uproar in the place.

Off topic i know but thought i would share with you. :whistling:

“Vescere bracis meis”

Guest 1lastcast

Got all the time in the world. chum

Hows about a two tier records

Still water and running water.

Good idea, actually not sure if the Barbel record was submitted from a still water fishery it would be accepted, should be the same with Chub too I guess.