British records increasing .

Dave H

Dave,

Although you can't read my posts I believe that article is talking about saltwater fishes that depend on current adding to the food chain by increasing bio-diversity?

RUDD,

Food for thought. Our largest carp (low 50's) are often found in brackish water. I've never made an association though.

Phone

Nice 'Pun' there Phone ;)

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

? What do you mean i can't see what you are posting. Your not on my ignore list nobody is. You mean you thought my comment about you was serious...What the hell has happened to the sence of humour on here????????????

It was a link that i thought others would find interesting including yourself. ...

I find phone as it happens your info very interesting most of the time. You do need to have some humour though at times...:)

Rudd...you saw the Pun...Well done...LOL

There is not one thing different between ideology and religeon

Not nice is it?

But at least someone on here has a grasp on reality!!

No-one's denying that carp will get fat if they eat a load of boilies (some strains more than others). But this is not a record fish. It's not even close.

• Like 1

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

I bet it will be if it gets stuffed like that Andrew. I think the point is more not the size of the fish but the shape of the thing . That's the point :)

Does anyone actually believe a record fish (other then trout) has been created by eating bait/feed/boilies?

I agree with Anderoo, boilies might make fish put on some weight but it does not turn them in to record fish. Fish that are knocking around the record mark have consistantly come from waters that do not see the heavy baiting that some claim is the reason for higher weights. On these waters bait could at best only account for a small increase in size and on some waters the influence could be zero.

If you want to argue that bait has seen the average size of fish go up, then you might be able to make a case but I think you will struggle to get any data to back up it makes record fish. The question in the original post was about record weights going up and not about lardy carp or average weights or have I missed something?

I think some people are ignoring Anderoo's posts when he refers to fish that may have been fed boilies not being record fish because they have nothing more to offer as they are quiet clearly wrong :-) These heavy fed waters often produce some big fish but don't seem to produce that group of exceptional fish (records and those in and around that mark)

Anyone got any near record sized pictures of Bream with bellies distorted with boilies?

Can those who think that bait has effected the record weights of fish actually help the rest of us out and point out which fish and give some information on the venues they come from?

Stephen

Species Caught 2014

Zander, Pike, Bream, Roach, Tench, Perch, Rudd, Common Carp, Mirror Carp, Eel, Grayling, Brown Trout, Rainbow Trout

Species Caught 2013

Pike, Zander, Bream, Roach, Eel, Tench, Rudd, Perch, Common Carp, Koi Carp, Brown Goldfish, Grayling, Brown Trout, Chub, Roosterfish, Dorado, Black Grouper, Barracuda, Mangrove Snapper, Mutton Snapper, Jack Crevalle, Tarpon, Red Snapper

Species Caught 2012
Zander, Pike, Perch, Chub, Ruff, Gudgeon, Dace, Minnow, Wels Catfish, Common Carp, Mirror Carp, Ghost Carp, Roach, Bream, Eel, Rudd, Tench, Arapaima, Mekong Catfish, Sawai Catfish, Marbled Tiger Catfish, Amazon Redtail Catfish, Thai Redtail Catfish, Batrachian Walking Catfish, Siamese Carp, Rohu, Julliens Golden Prize Carp, Giant Gourami, Java Barb, Red Tailed Tin Foil Barb, Nile Tilapia, Black Pacu, Red Bellied Pacu, Alligator Gar
Species Caught 2011
Zander, Tench, Bream, Chub, Barbel, Roach, Rudd, Grayling, Brown Trout, Salmon Parr, Minnow, Pike, Eel, Common Carp, Mirror Carp, Ghost Carp, Koi Carp, Crucian Carp, F1 Carp, Blue Orfe, Ide, Goldfish, Brown Goldfish, Comet Goldfish, Golden Tench, Golden Rudd, Perch, Gudgeon, Ruff, Bleak, Dace, Sergeant Major, French Grunt, Yellow Tail Snapper, Tom Tate Grunt, Clown Wrasse, Slippery Dick Wrasse, Doctor Fish, Graysby, Dusky Squirrel Fish, Longspine Squirrel Fish, Stripped Croaker, Leather Jack, Emerald Parrot Fish, Red Tail Parrot Fish, White Grunt, Bone Fish
Species Caught 2010
Zander, Pike, Perch, Eel, Tench, Bream, Roach, Rudd, Mirror Carp, Common Carp, Crucian Carp, Siamese Carp, Asian Redtail Catfish, Sawai Catfish, Rohu, Amazon Redtail Catfish, Pacu, Long Tom, Moon Wrasse, Sergeant Major, Green Damsel, Tomtate Grunt, Sea Chub, Yellowtail Surgeon, Black Damsel, Blue Dot Grouper, Checkered Sea Perch, Java Rabbitfish, One Spot Snapper, Snubnose Rudderfish
Species Caught 2009
Barramundi, Spotted Sorubim Catfish, Wallago Leeri Catfish, Wallago Attu Catfish, Amazon Redtail Catfish, Mrigul, Siamese Carp, Java Barb, Tarpon, Wahoo, Barracuda, Skipjack Tuna, Bonito, Yellow Eye Rockfish, Red Snapper, Mangrove Snapper, Black Fin Snapper, Dog Snapper, Yellow Tail Snapper, Marble Grouper, Black Fin Tuna, Spanish Mackerel, Mutton Snapper, Redhind Grouper, Saddle Grouper, Schoolmaster, Coral Trout, Bar Jack, Pike, Zander, Perch, Tench, Bream, Roach, Rudd, Common Carp, Golden Tench, Wels Catfish
Species Caught 2008
Dorado, Wahoo, Barracuda, Bonito, Black Fin Tuna, Long Tom, Sergeant Major, Red Snapper, Black Damsel, Queen Trigga Fish, Red Grouper, Redhind Grouper, Rainbow Wrasse, Grey Trigger Fish, Ehrenbergs Snapper, Malabar Grouper, Lunar Fusiler, Two Tone Wrasse, Starry Dragonet, Convict Surgeonfish, Moonbeam Dwarf Angelfish,Bridled Monocle Bream, Redlined Triggerfish, Cero Mackeral, Rainbow Runner
Species Caught 2007
Arapaima, Alligator Gar, Mekong Catfish, Spotted Sorubim Catfish, Pacu, Siamese Carp, Barracuda, Black Fin Tuna, Queen Trigger Fish, Red Snapper, Yellow Tail Snapper, Honeycomb Grouper, Red Grouper, Schoolmaster, Cubera Snapper, Black Grouper, Albacore, Ballyhoo, Coney, Yellowfin Goatfish, Lattice Spinecheek

Does anyone actually believe a record fish (other then trout) has been created by eating bait/feed/boilies?

I agree with Anderoo, boilies might make fish put on some weight but it does not turn them in to record fish. Fish that are knocking around the record mark have consistantly come from waters that do not see the heavy baiting that some claim is the reason for higher weights. On these waters bait could at best only account for a small increase in size and on some waters the influence could be zero.

If you want to argue that bait has seen the average size of fish go up, then you might be able to make a case but I think you will struggle to get any data to back up it makes record fish. The question in the original post was about record weights going up and not about lardy carp or average weights or have I missed something?

I think some people are ignoring Anderoo's posts when he refers to fish that may have been fed boilies not being record fish because they have nothing more to offer as they are quiet clearly wrong :-) These heavy fed waters often produce some big fish but don't seem to produce that group of exceptional fish (records and those in and around that mark)

Anyone got any near record sized pictures of Bream with bellies distorted with boilies?

Can those who think that bait has effected the record weights of fish actually help the rest of us out and point out which fish and give some information on the venues they come from?

I think you will find some of the biggest bream caught in the UK had a belly full of boilies.

So yes I think a belly full of boilies could (but may be didn't) make a fish (even a bream) a record, but it would need to be a big fish in the first place.

Having said that i still think the warmer climate is the biggest factor by a long way in are fish getting bigger.

A tiger does not lose sleep over the opinion of sheep

I bet it will be if it gets stuffed like that Andrew. I think the point is more not the size of the fish but the shape of the thing . That's the point :)

The country is full of carp like this and none of them are records. The shape of it is typical of the fast growing ugly things that have been stocked everywhere. I'm sure it is full of boilies, but that plus the strain just make it fat and ugly, not a record.

The 'boilie belly' isn't always what it seems either. I've seen quite a few pics of big carp with huge bellies from waters that never see a boilie. It's down to the strain, and the fact that a carp can stuff itself silly with natural food just as much as artificial food, if the water is rich enough.

Edited by Anderoo

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

There's been an argument raging for years about the record catches. The barbel purists say in no circumstances should a still water specimen be included in any record clam ?

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

The country is full of carp like this and none of them are records. The shape of it is typical of the fast growing ugly things that have been stocked everywhere. I'm sure it is full of boilies, but that plus the strain just make it fat and ugly, not a record.

The 'boilie belly' isn't always what it seems either. I've seen quite a few pics of big carp with huge bellies from waters that never see a boilie. It's down to the strain, and the fact that a carp can stuff itself silly with natural food just as much as artificial food, if the water is rich enough.

I understand where you are coming from but it's not about records. I don't know what the record carp is now as I can't be bothered to look but say if its 60lb then a carp of 59lb is possible from a fish just like the one shown and in time could be the record. The strain Andrew with respect is a minor point as all will belly out just some strains more than others IMO mate that boilies are in my view still the cause of many a fish growing so quickly to a scale in such a short time. I have not seen fish with bellies with only natural food in like the piccy above but that is not to say there isn't but if you can give me a belly piccy like that of natural food then fair enough. If there are there are not many as no lake or I think no fish that would nourish that much in one sitting. The sweetness of it to them is they can't get enough of it and belly up.

To make my opinion clearer yes natural food increases weight as it did before the tons of sweets they put in but the increase in such a short span is contributed by such baits . I wish Carp could be singled out and put in seperate lakes and many try to do that but they don't understand the balance of keeping it that way. Wingham does because water management is known about but most are not . I hope the Bream record is broken at Wingham because it will be a natural one but i think if the place had been bombarded constantly by man made baits the size of them would have exceeded the record and that to me would be sad.

@ Andrew. It's a debate that rages you are right. I have caught a 14 lb Zander and despite what people think it was not easy to get in a stillwater but is it the same as one on the Severn to me no. But then they do survive in stillwater like a carp can in either water and chub too. You have to say yes in my opinion but the satisfaction to many me included is tarnished somewhat...:)

ATVB

Edited by Dave H