Night Fishing spots near Preston

I doubt many fisheries would object to a BBQ so why not burn some wood in the tray for your fire and then cook your food over the embers? I've seen a few small portable BBQ's in the supermarkets recently that would be just the ticket, cheap as chips too!

Kills two birds with one stone and as long as you take the cinders home and bin them there's no mess left behind!

OK thanks all. So lets forget the fire requirements and just seek a good cheap place to night fish that will allow a 2 man tent, and has lots of small fish to give us a bigger chance of catching?

Anyone recommend anywhere please?

Try Horns Dam near Goosnargh,fish the large lake,it has a good head of decent bream and some large carp aswell.The lake has specially designed pegs for night fishing/camping and if you want the glow of some embers whist you are fishing you might be able to use a disposable barbeque...For the bream use strawberry flavoured sweetcorn on a tip rod with a groundbait feeder.For the carp use hair rigged pellets or boilies in conjunction with a pva stick(if that means anything to you)but if you are going to fish for carp make sure you have the right gear to look after them(large landing net/unhooking mat).Maggots on the float will catch you roach and skimmers.Good luck..

I see why the cold response regarding camp fires.. Saying that, you might as well frown upon fishing tackle packaging too, as there was loads of that strewn all over the place.

Why are people so SCUMMY that they can't take their crap with them? There was beer cans, barbie trays, empty hook pouches, you name it it was there left on the banks of this beautiful spot we went to.

Disgarded fire (not ours, we didn't make one)

2716274466_7dd4d3e39e_o.jpg

Some more pics HERE

Elston it was and we got one small eel. Not a good place for a novice (me) to take a novice 11 year old, but I suppose it was more about the camping.

Nice to see you got out and had the weather, i think my first trip down the ribble (many noons ago) resulted in one small eel. Still its a start and something to build on.

Still looking for a spot to night fish that won't cost me £20 odd quid for the two of us.

You could try looking for a local club to join for a few quid more which might give you better value for your money, easyer fishing and tidier place to fish. Have a look at Janet's night fishing post.

A tiger does not lose sleep over the opinion of sheep

Your not likley to find anyone who's gonna let you start building fires. What's the point of that anyway, what's that got to do with fishing ? Nothing worse than going to a peg and some plank's had a fire and left all the remains there for you to stand in and get coverd in black crap, plus it looks a bloody mess !

Way to jump down the guys throat there tigger! He only asked a simple question!