MP3's

Little Tinca

Can anbody point me in the right direction for downloading free MP3's.

I've tried Kazaa (sp) but it took over my computer and it was very hard to uninstall. I've still got file fragments left from it.

It takes longer for the river to get to the sea than it does for a man to make an error.

Yeah. Kazaa these days puts all sort of adware etc on your puter, and takes no prisoners while doing so !

I use a proggy called shareaza, which I find pretty good. Same sort of thing as Kazaa, but connects to multiple "networks" , so you can search a wider set of peoples machines for files.

Havent found any spyware or adware with this one.

www.shareaza.com

Should get you there.

Thnx JB will give that a go

Leon when do you envisage the day of doom coming?

Not knowing much about MP3's I take it that there is some sort copyright to the format they use and I would have thought that if they were clever enough to write the compression program it would be quite easy to put an anti-copy marker of some sort on it.

It takes longer for the river to get to the sea than it does for a man to make an error.

Its very unlikely the "day of doom " will happen anytime soon, Tinca, cos all the MP3 rippers will just stick to using the older tried and tested formats, basically what they are using now.

In order to force people to use the new format, they will have to make it appeal to us. i.e. better sound quality, or tighter file compression ratios. In this wonderful time of Broadband, file compression isnt needed as badly as it was with cr***y dial up !

Get them files while you can !