Frozen boilies

RUDD

Does anyone know how long a bag of frozen boilies can be stored in the freezer?

Do they start to go off, lose flavour/scent or colour?

I think it would be an idea if frozen shop bought baits had a Produced date on them.

I only ask as I have a couple of bags of 10mm that I forgot about and found this evening behind some boxes of squid.

They must of been in there a couple of years and I dont have a clue how long they were in the shops freezer beforehand.

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

RUDD,

I don't use boilies but I'd think they would become irreplacable since, like rare fine wine, they can never be duplicated. I'm eating cheese that has been in storage since WWII.

Phone

RUDD,

I don't use boilies but I'd think they would become irreplacable since, like rare fine wine, they can never be duplicated. I'm eating cheese that has been in storage since WWII.

Phone

Tell us more, Phone. Sounds intriguing.

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed."

Rob,

Not a story really. We have limestone caves in a nearby Kansas mine rented by the government. Government Milk subsidies were converted to "American Cheese". It's free if you want to go pick it up (10 lb blocks, limit 3). Only a couple million pounds left.

Phone

All,

I believe the only cheese now offered is pasturized. Besides, what harm is a little diarrhea from Listeria.

Phone

(mostly if not always use it in cooking)

Diarrhea ?

Sorry Rudd for taking this off topic buddy. Would they not last about the same time as peas or some fruits i would imagine. Probably a better question over on the coarse fishing section I don't think many eyes see this area ?

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk

might make good bait for the barbel some nice old ww2 cheese paste

cpranim.gif

15/06/12 PB Perch 3 lb 10 oz 03/03/11 Common Carp 23lb 6 oz 05/06/12 Sturgeon 7 lb 13 oz 06/06/12 Mirror Carp 21 lb 2 oz

09/03/13 PB PIKE 27 lb 9 ozARNO3010CustomImage1086535.gif

In answer to Rudd's question...

Defrost them, roll them in a bit of salmon oil, and I'll bet they'll be fine. I have some antique boilies in my freezer :)

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE