Premiership Managers

Gillies

Hi

Wondering if anyone can help me settle and arguement ...

Who,when and what is the highest position that an English manager has finished in the English Premiership?

Is it Kevin Keegan in 2nd place, in 19??

Gillies :)

tha fis agam a bhe iasg nuth dunidh sasain!

www.gilliesmackenzie.com

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought Howard Wilkinson won it with Leeds in 19 summat or other.

Leeds won the old First Division. No English manager has yet won the premiership.

Highest finisher was Keegan in i think 95/96 season when Newcastle were runners up to Man Utd. I think this was also the year of the (in)famous "I'd love it" quote.

Ironically, when you consider the state of Scottish National football, of only three managers ever to have won the Premiership, two were Scottish.

Sir Alex Ferguson with Man Utd and Kenny Dalgleish with Blackburn.

The third was/is of course Whingeing Wenger of that French National outfit Arsenal.

When did the Premiership come into existance, I cannot recall.

Thanks, I thought it was Keegan - so have won the arguement with one fo my friends.

Yes, its is very ironic - Scottish Football in very bad way (league wise - and national team wise) but we seem to be producing not half bad Managers whom are/have worked their trade in the English Premiership - Ferguson, Dalglish, Moyles, Souness, Strachan, Graham, and now more recently Sturrock.

Gillies

tha fis agam a bhe iasg nuth dunidh sasain!

www.gilliesmackenzie.com

"The third was/is of course Whingeing Wenger of that French National outfit Arsenal. "

ooh sour grapes ...don't think there'll be much whinging at the end of this season..when the mighty gunners clean up! :D

"I like to keep a bottle of stimulant handy in case I see a snake, which I also keep handy."

- WC Fields

awaaar...

You may have won a lot of battles, but the war isn't over!

We meet at Highbury in the Premiership - time for your unbeaten run to come to an end with a double hatrick (One from Van the Man and one from Saha)sandwiching a Vierra own goal.

FA Cup Semi Final (now at the Millenium Stadium I understand). No chance on your fourth successive i'm afraid.

Champions League? Maybe meet again - hopefully in the Final, when we can do the hatrick.

Premiership is yours for the taking (But then again it was last year i seem to remember), but you'll still loose 2-1 in the final reckoning :P