They're back

chesters1

Whats the point in fishing if your going to want the fish to hook itslef, a rod to strike for you and a reel to reel in the fish itself. Where do you as an angler actually come into the equation? You mite as well turn up to the place, set up and bugger off home :lol:

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Whats the point in fishing if your going to want the fish to hook itslef, a rod to strike for you and a reel to reel in the fish itself. Where do you as an angler actually come into the equation? You mite as well turn up to the place, set up and bugger off home :lol:

well said maxaldo could not agree more

I'm getting a bit tired of defending self hooking rigs! In some circumstances they are the smart angler's choice. Nothing wrong with them at all. :)

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

If the self-hooking rigs and tossing a rig out to await attention from a fish is not effective, it would seem to be a non-issue.

If it is effective and not overly dangerous for the fish, then anglers who enjoy fishing that way will have fun.

It sounds like we are again drifting into the, "Well, I don't enjoy that method so no one else should use it either", mind set.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

It sounds like we are again drifting into the, "Well, I don't enjoy that method so no one else should use it either", mind set.

Not really Newt, it's mainly just a bit of gentle p**s taking. :)

It does worry some of us though that as both Rich and myself have said, it's becoming the only method for some, and I don't think that's healthy sign for angling in general.

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

It does worry some of us though that as both Rich and myself have said, it's becoming the only method for some, and I don't think that's healthy sign for angling in general.

My sentiments exactly, but just to clarify, I use self hooking rigs quite alot so I am willing to be accused of being lazy and ignorant!

Rich

Edited by Richard Capper

I think once they learn to use Photoshop they wouldn't even bother to do that. They'll just air brush together a picture of themselves and a 40lb + Carp and send it to UK Carp / Total Carp / Carp Talk / Carp World / Advanced Carp / Big Carp / Readers Carp / Guns, Ammo and Carp ....

:-P

Tony