Any Americans here?

Guest loonyl

Just wondering...

I'm kinda looking into what's involved in getting a visa for the USA.

I saw they do a green card lottery every year? but your parents have to be Irish etc

(ie no English)

From what I can gather a firm has to sponsor you for the visa, BUT you have to get wotk with the firm first.

Kinda catch-22

Anyone got any info on this?

Cheers

Liam

Guest Alan Taylor
Originally posted by loonyl:

Just wondering...

I'm kinda looking into what's involved in getting a visa for the USA.

I saw they do a green card lottery every year? but your parents have to be Irish etc

(ie no English)

From what I can gather a firm has to sponsor you for the visa, BUT you have to get wotk with the firm first.

Kinda catch-22

Anyone got any info on this?

Cheers

Liam

Hi Liam,

we did have a couple of Americans on the coarse fishing forum but I think that I made them a bit mad when I made some comments about using tripples to foul hook fish in Louisiana. This was not intentional, I was on a survival course at the time and we were learning from the locals in a swampy mosquito infested area with lots of other horrible things that like to cause you pain.

The area was so much like where we were going that it was perfect.

I appologised to them but have not heard from them since.

Is it possible to go back over the topics, I think it was to do with lures and was about 6 weeks ago?

Failing that, contact the U.S Embassy.

Good luck

Alan(nl)