It seems we need more tackle

Old geezer

Guest 1lastcast

All,

Maybe my comment should be a different thread. I have "kit" for catching fish and I have "kit" for showing off. When showing off I carry a lot more crap than when I am fishing.

Phone

How true that is Phone, the amount of gear some folk carry along the River bank is alarming, I hate lugging too much gear. and it's just the very minimum for me, normally just a pouch, rod and reel net and handle with a mat to sit on/ unhook. But I take loads of gear in the van / truck, (just in case).

Tackle Tartiness is a major infliction that the only cure is to take only the minimum of kit and staying clear of any other angler that would require an explanation /apology..

I stick to my tried and tested rods mate. My feeder rods have many tips and a nice light action. My float rods, one carp float rod and one match float rod.

A nice selection of rods dont go amiss. Guess i have at least a half dozen rods to cover my needs. And a pole at 16mtrs with match and heavy top kits, never use it though.

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

I posted this on another thead, but cocked it up.

It was really for Phones benefit, but it might draw comment from others, who like to travel light.

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

There is always room for more kit!

I find I carry more when fishing the still waters simply because I will almost always be fishing 2 rods - but I will have decided what I'll prefer to be doing before I leave home and will pack accordingly - usually 2 rods for the pods plus a float rod. On a river I travel really light - a float rod and an avon/barbel type, a bucket with bait and bits, net a mat to sit on and a rest - job done.

Guest 1lastcast

gozzer,

HA HA ! That was great. I know it wasn't supposed to be funny but I could not hold back - tears and my sides hurt. What is the fish:kit raito - 10,000:1 lb.

Phone

Phone I have had a few laughs at the Cat Fishing scene in the States, but that little clip shows just how fish can be caught in extreme conditions, forget the size of fish that is irrelevant, focus on the method, feeding, hook bait etc, you lot might learn something.

1last,

gozzer and I have a long and glorious history about "dink" fishing. He's pulling my chain. I DON'T want to learn how to dink fish.

You're right about our catfishermen "bivvying up". However, their most important kit is Old Grandad (and - GULP! most have boats).

Phone

I'm glad you liked it Phone, I thought you would. :D

Even I draw the line at taking an electric drill (with spare battery), on any of my trips. Unless of course I'm going to do a bit of DIY while I'm there.

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Guest 1lastcast

1last,

gozzer and I have a long and glorious history about "dink" fishing. He's pulling my chain. I DON'T want to learn how to dink fish.

You're right about our catfishermen "bivvying up". However, their most important kit is Old Grandad (and - GULP! most have boats).

Phone

But learning how to 'dink' fish was the whole purpose of the clip, or was it to laugh at the guy because of all his gear? I think it was the latter, but it's his choice, not my scene, but it's bl00dy grim 'up North and nowt else ta do lad.

Oh! and the venue is a Canal, they were built mostly in the Reign of Queen Victoria, (the Victorian era) the canals were built for transportation of cargo right into the hearts of our cities. Did you know Birmingham (not Alabama) has more canals than Venice?.

Birmingham is about 40 miles from where I live Venice is a bit further, I have seen both, and I can confirm the only thing the two cities have in common is Canals.

Question for you?

What is a Joker that the angler used in the clip?

Just proof that if you make a competition of anything, those who want to win will turn it into an art and a science.

When I lived in Manchester I used to fish bloodworm and joker on those winter canals, it really was amazing the way you could conjure bites on days when other baits would not be touched. One of my proudest club match results as a teenager was coming 3rd at Compstall when 1st and 2nd were the chairman and club secretary on bloodworm. My mate and I fished small worms on the drop and came 3rd and 4th.