It seems we need more tackle

Old geezer

I am calm, and I am not Mexican, but if you want to be my friend we will have to wait and see....

However my comment was made to Phone but if you have taken offence I will try and put the record straight in saying that I was at a loss as to what was so funny, I suppose the mixer was a bit odd but nothing to split one's side over and a good cry thrown in. In fact it was rather a eye opener, sort of the other end of the scale to all those big is better vids we get rammed at us. The fact he caught in such conditions was a great effort in my opinion, probably not the main thrust of the link, but it was that I took from it not laughing at the guy.

Besides he probably is a plasterer.

Oh, come on I thought we were all friends on here. I don't get upset, or take offence, so don't fret about that, it's alright, no need to explain.

You probably didn't get the 'funny' side of it, because as both Phone and I said, (I even said it in my post) it was something Phone and I had joked about for some time, A kind of 'in joke'. That's why I couldn't understand you taking a serious stand about the video. I didn't say anything derogatory about the man, and I don't know his occupation either. In fact your reply reminded me of an ex member of AN, he used to post in a similar vein.

Oh and the Mexican thing was another of my little attempts at humour, 'Juan Las Caste', My humour is not to everyones taste I admit, but there again, humour is a personal thing, as I once said to the guy you remind me of.

John, (everyones friend) :)

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Most bloodworm and joker sold in the uk is imported from Poland.

It gets banned as it can make catching small silvers on other baits hard.

Electric whisks made from drills are a common sight at commercials where large amounts are being made up for use on a method feeder.

The bloodworm is already in the water, so the fish if they are preoccupied with it, it will be hard to wean them onto other baits anyway.

I used to wade into a small nearby boggy pond, with a home made bloodworm 'blade' to collect mine, but it got too much like hard work. Then I used a nylon stocking to sieve out the mud and collected it that way for a while. I gave up mainly because I started fishing places, and methods, where other baits caught better.

The whisk thing was IMO, a bit OTT for a few hours down the canal. I realise it was supposed to be an instructional video, but some would take it as 'the only' way to fish a canal in winter. They'd miss out on some good fishing with bread punch or caster.

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

My experience was that it was mostly worth using when the fishing was already hard, but I would be surprised if using something which is naturally present in every water in the country could do any harm.

Steve,

You're right and you're right. Even some immitation "giant" midge larvae.

1last,

In retrospect, my comment maybe should have been a PM. Just as I thought the "kit" was a bit much - my "comment" to gozzer was exaggerated. Gozzer and I have had some "doozies" over the culture of dink fishing. We've long since "made-up".

Surely I'm not going to have to "train" you also?

Phone

Edit: Our carp guys carry electric coffee grinders. They think fresh ground field corn (maize) is "better" than maize ground the night before at home.

Edited by Phone

Guest 1lastcast

The bloodworm is already in the water, so the fish if they are preoccupied with it, it will be hard to wean them onto other baits anyway.

I used to wade into a small nearby boggy pond, with a home made bloodworm 'blade' to collect mine, but it got too much like hard work. Then I used a nylon stocking to sieve out the mud and collected it that way for a while. I gave up mainly because I started fishing places, and methods, where other baits caught better.

The whisk thing was IMO, a bit OTT for a few hours down the canal. I realise it was supposed to be an instructional video, but some would take it as 'the only' way to fish a canal in winter. They'd miss out on some good fishing with bread punch or caster.

John.

Goodness knows what the casual observer on the toe path might think of all this, however I do feel as fellow Anglers we need to support this chap, it might be Fishing and not as we know it perhaps, but United We Stand Divided We Fall.

Phone it is British eccentricity at it's best we invented the Telephone (Phone), Bouncing Bomb, AKA rifles SLR Rifles and SLR Cameras , Aeroplanes, Democracy, Slavery and then abolished it, Australia India, Canada and the USA,, Snooker Billiards, Pool, and of course all forms of Fishing.

Because we are eccentric.(thinking out of the box).

Guest 1lastcast

My experience was that it was mostly worth using when the fishing was already hard, but I would be surprised if using something which is naturally present in every water in the country could do any harm.

That's not the reason it was banned from many venues, it's because it gives a unfair advantage in matches, especially to those sponsored types who could afford it.

Guest 1lastcast

Oh, come on I thought we were all friends on here. I don't get upset, or take offence, so don't fret about that, it's alright, no need to explain.

You probably didn't get the 'funny' side of it, because as both Phone and I said, (I even said it in my post) it was something Phone and I had joked about for some time, A kind of 'in joke'. That's why I couldn't understand you taking a serious stand about the video. I didn't say anything derogatory about the man, and I don't know his occupation either. In fact your reply reminded me of an ex member of AN, he used to post in a similar vein.

Oh and the Mexican thing was another of my little attempts at humour, 'Juan Las Caste', My humour is not to everyones taste I admit, but there again, humour is a personal thing, as I once said to the guy you remind me of.

John, (everyones friend) :)

Well it's a start, keep up this and we will soon be all friends again.

I think....

That's not the reason it was banned from many venues, it's because it gives a unfair advantage in matches, especially to those sponsored types who could afford it.

That's what I meant when I said it gets banned because it is good and it is expensive. Rudd said it makes silver fishing harder, I don't think it does.

Wouldn't call it an unfair advantage or say that you need to be sponsored, but everyone scratching around on other baits certainly keeps the costs down.

Well it's a start, keep up this and we will soon be all friends again.

I think....

"Friends again"? So we have been in contact before?

John.

"Friends again"? So we have been in contact before?

John.

I think this one is username number 3 or 4 (I've lost count now). The style is very familiar.

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music