Fish Behaviour

Andy_1984

Always the same rudd will corral all the other fish behind the bush. He does it so well too. Nudging, chasing and guiding them to where he wants them.

He can go months without doing it then all of a sudden he will chase everything behind the bush.

Once they are all behind the bush he will sit just outside the bush, occasionally one will get brave and venture out but doesn't last long before getting chased again.

This can go on for about a week or two and everything will be fine, then a month or two he's at it again.

It can be very amusing to watch and the other guys are not in any distress, just a bit bored looking cause they have been banished to the bush.

He doesn't bother with the Danio though.

I always put it down to being territorial but just out of interest and for a bit of banter does anyone think any differently ?

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk

Andy,

You sure it's a "he"?

Sounds like my wife.

Honestly, I doubt your Rudd is in a normal nesting cycle. I don't know anything about Rudd but some fishes prepare for "seasons" by temp, light, diet, etc. Maybe?

Phone

(certainly my comment is banter, I'm no fishkeeper.)