computers

Guest fisherking

Guest fisherking

Carrying on from a previous thread my computer screen is currently 640*480 and I have to scroll a lot to see everything on screen.Could I run on 800*600 without doing any damage to my system.Btw my monitor is 14 inch.

John.

Originally posted by fisherking:

Carrying on from a previous thread my computer screen is currently 640*480 and I have to scroll a lot to see everything on screen.Could I run on 800*600 without doing any damage to my system.Btw my monitor is 14 inch.

John.

Hi John,

I've a 14 inch IBM

just under the screen it says Type 8515

dunno if it's the same?

It runs at 640*480 and 1024*768

but not at 800*600 for some strange reason.

You shouldn't have any problems there

but please post some info on it if you are worried

Cheers

Liam

Guest fisherking

Hi Loon,

Tried the 800*600 but looked like a little squarein the middle of the screen.don,t know about the other size.would it do the graphic card any damage.

John.

Originally posted by fisherking:

Hi Loon,

Tried the 800*600 but looked like a little squarein the middle of the screen.don,t know about the other size.would it do the graphic card any damage.

John.

I'd say it wouldn't , I have never had any grief and have tried about 20 different settings.

Normally if it can't cope, the screen goes blank or squiggly and then resets itself in Win98

Any idea what make/model the monitor is?

Liam

Do you know what make the monitor is?

Liam

Guest gray-catchpole

if youve tried 800 x 600 and it looks like a small box in the middle of the monitor, thats because the refresh rate has changed as well as the resolution, set it back to 800 x 600 , and then change the size of the screen using the actual buttons on your monitor, < > and ^ can be changed from here, this will actually strech the picture to fit your monitor,if you have any more probs email me and i will help you in detail

------------------

gray-catchpole

http://catchpole.cjb.net

mailto:catchpole@go-fishing.co.ukcatchpole@go-fishing.co.uk

Guest RobStubbs

I always find it's good fun to change resolution or even the screen driver to one that doesn't work on your monitor. Then try and figure out how to get back when you can't see the screen biggrin.gif

Rob.

Guest fisherking

Gray I think I will leave alone now as all I have on my monitor is a brightness and a colour button.It is working ok but if I mess with it I know I will bugger it up.

John.