Despicable People

Guest Elton

mad.gif Driving in to work just now, I heard on the news about some teenage lad who not only robbed a young mother, but also stuck a hypodermic needle into here baby's hand mad.gif

If I had ten seconds with the little ****, they'd be sticking hypodermic needles into him to keep him alive!

What the hell is happening to this country? Where do people (and I use the term loosely) get these ideas from? It makes me sick!

Elton

[This message has been edited by Elton (edited 14 November 2000).]

There is no discipline for our youngsters as liberal minded ar#$*%es got rid of the belt at school and now people are scared to give their kids a clip round the ear. I know what a disgrace it is thinking like that but as Elton says what IS happening here? Do you know that the youth of today dont even have the honor amongst theives mentality as they will (in a gang of twenty) beat you up but if you hit one of them they go to the police.

Kids threatening their parents with being sued. WHAT IS THAT ALL ABOUT? Say what you will but lack of discipline and a softly softly approach is at fault here. Boy the future looks grim.

Guest Steve Burke

It all comes down to a question of the rights of society as a whole versus the rights of an individual.

There's got to be a balance, but methinks it's out of kilter at present. History shows that the pendulum will probably swing back the other way before long.

------------------

Wingham Fisheries

www.anglersnet.co.uk/fisheries/wingham

Guest gray-catchpole

august before last, kerry and myself where walking through town, and across a bridge, a boy on a push bike came past, i paid no attention to him until he smacked me full force in the face, my lip exploded, kerry was screaming at him, and he threatend to come back and throw her off the bridge, he was no more than 15, but i had no chance to defend my self, i recievd 10 stiches in the lip, the boy was never caught, now im not a timid bloke by any means, but i still get a bit edgy when a bike goes past or i walk over the bridge where it happened.

i have no answer to why these things happen, but its seen more and more, this was a totally unproveked attack, i try to bring my kids up the best i can, and am petrified that they are about to go out in this type of world, thank god two of them love fishing.

------------------

gray-catchpole

http://catchpole.cjb.net

catchpole@go-fishing.co.uk

Guest Leon Roskilly

I went to a meeting at Gillingham Pier on Sunday. Groundwork Medway Swale are spending about £600,000 to regenerate the area, including £27,000 being spent to improve the 'fishing area' at the end of the pier.

Talk of erecting a shelter for anglers was concentrated on making it unclimbable/vandalproof, with anglers pointing toward the outline on the wall, where the last shelter had to be pulled down to stop the yobs climbing into the yard next door, and at the remains of the foundation of its replacement - vandalised and torn down.

Talk also centered on providing infra-red security lighting for the CCTV cameras, using 'unliftable' granite blocks for seating, concrete waste bins (the consensus was that these would all end up as part of an artificail reef at the base of the pier) etc etc. All money which could be much better spent on improving the ambiance of the place, instead of turning it into a fortress.

My own battle to get them to agree to allow mullet fishing in the dock area is a continuing uphill struggle. The boats moored opposite the area we want to fish all have heavy plastic guards fitted over their windows. Apparently bored young anglers use the windows for target practice when casting.

The boat owners are dead set against allowing any angling in the dock area. We are trying to convince them that the damage occurs when no one else is around. Allowing members of the Medway Mullet Group to fish the dock would increase security. Fingers Crossed.

The problem (as always) is that a few *****s spoil it for the rest of us. It could end up with gates to the pier, and only club members allowed. Dozens of young anglers will be denied the opportunity to fish from the only venue they can get to.

How will they spend their time then?

Kicked off their fishing pier, what entertainment will those alienated kids find to hit back at a society which treats them all (good and bad alike) like potential trouble-makers?

I think that we all need to make an effort to get kids fishing, put back a little into the sport we love.

And a little back into our society.

Just moaning about the problems does nothing except make it worse.

Tight Lines - leon

a few years ago i was walking with my wife past the local community hall 2 kids sitting on top of it.asked them to get down to be met with usual abuse.wife says walk away the may have a knife,made me think they were only about 13 14 .i didnt walk away but made them come down no violance just common sense talking.we cant all walk away we must at some time say enough is enough .i agree with you elton i expect the full support of police to catch this animal and put him away for a long time,although i expect they will just send him on holiday.cheers big al

Leon

What you are saying is right and just. It is a pity the parents of these kids dont share your sentiments.

I remember as a 13 yearold I was seen by our local bobby vandalising a small freshly planted tree. Thud the size 9 or 10 boot settled into my butt and left me hobbling like a John Wayne impressionist. BUT that was the end of it no charges no court no need for my parents to be told. Rubbing my sore butt while getting a good scary shouting at we understood each other I now knew he knew me and he knew my days of vandalising trees were over. My point being / he was hard but fair and common sense prevailed / maybe the local bobby is all thats missing or I might be right with my first post or maybe I am all wrong but somthing is wrong and if not sorted it can only get worse. frown.gif

Guest fisherman

As a kid living in S. Wales we had a local copper ( Brace ) if he ever caught doing something wrong there was the clip around the ear or as mentioned the size nine where it hurt, never did me no long term harm and you had respect for the law and your elders, which seems to be lacking these days. After Brace did his stuff you dare not tell your parents because if Brace did that to you, you must have been upti no good and they would give you one as well. Good old days, what smile.gif

I agree with what you ar all saying just don't tar all teenagers with the same brush. I am lucky with Matthew as he has never given me cause for concern & is a great help with Liam even if they do bicker like hell eek.gif

I do worry about him even though he's nearly 18 now! but Aldershot can be a bit rough but luckily he knows when to run biggrin.gif also now he night fishes on his own usually with a mate, I phone early in the morning to see if he's caught anything, well that's my excuse biggrin.gif

lyn

Hi all, at our martial arts club we have parents drop off their children and pull one of us instructors to one side.

They then say things like, 'can you do something with him, he's playing up at home and school, we've given up, it's up to you now'! mad.gif

Parents hands are tied now, they can't decipline their children for the simple reason that the children know they can't be touched, even if the parents are against physical punishment.

This is the same in schools, the children know they can't be touched.

I don't know what the answer is, but it ain't getting any better.

Atb,

Gaffer.