Tackle Manufacturers

Guest DaveMHunt

Guest DaveMHunt

Is anybody else out there P##### Off with any of the major tackle companies.

I,ve been trying to get some items from FOX of all people and yet again there are none in stock!!!

This isn't only at my local dealer by I've been through Carp World (yes I'll admit I do read it), and on the net.(Yes Elton from here)

The other real wind up is when there is a nice new item in the catalogue and it never appears on the market, why bother, we save our pennies, Okay hundreds of Pounds and then try to get this much needed, Dogs ******** item and what do you get Sorry that is not yet available.

Any body else need to vent, about this feel free I'm listening.

------------------

Dave H

Our local tackle shop does a simlar thing I.E crontroller floats are a very popular and much needed piece of tackle in these parts but our shop is always out. It makes sense to me that if you can supply somthing that will sell rapidly then why not have it in stock instead of waiting till it is sold out before restocking. Common sense is lacking or maybe not all our tackle shops are as caring and helpful as we like to think they are.

Guest RobStubbs

In this day and age I find most tackle shops more than willing to get stuff in for you. Unless of course it's the new *** gear that's not yet available in the shops. Does make you wonder why they have such elaborate advertising campaigns when you can't even buy the stuff.

Rob.

What we need to understand is that it's not in the manufacturer's, or shop's, interest to not supply you goods. They don't do it 'on purpose'. They exist to sell goods - that's how they pay their bills. If they can't get you the stuff you want, it's because there has either been a cock-up, or demand has exceeded supply (which many would class as a planning cock-up).

ON the odd occasion that a shop is too damn lazy to order 'just one item', then the short-sightedness of that shopkeeper will probably be his downfall. I know from experience of selling, and of being a customer myself, that it isn't 'just one item'. You go out of your way to help someone when they need something, and most of them will remember that. They'll stick by you and your business through good times and bad. It may only be a £20 item that you're asking the shopkeeper to get in especially for you this week, but next week you may well walk in to collect it and walk out with a £200 rod that just said "BUY ME"!

I know tackleshop owners who do get caught in this pyramid supply system that some manufacturers have, however. I won't name names, but some manufacturers will only supply the smaller shops when their bigger shops are supplied and some wil only supply one shop per area and allow that shop to sell on at wholesale. Therefore, your local tackle shop often finds it very hard to price goods competitively, as it is their competitior who is selling them the goods in the first place!

Anyone mind if I move this thread to the coarse forum, as it's decidedly on topic for a fishing site? biggrin.gif

All the best,

Elton

------------------

Elton Murphy

Anglers' Net

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk