Bring it On

thedogs

If we get a reasonable set of regulations stopping the present waste of resource, providing me with a choice of boat and shore angling, with certain constraints (see Australasia and the USA) and a healthy fish stock, then I shall be content.

You and your 4 or 5 mates on WSF can holler what they like.

It won't matter in the wider scheme of things.

Ada

I find it amazing how so many people have failed to grasp the fact that we simply don't have the government in this country to implement a tiny fraction of what's required to achieve a fishery like those enjoyed in the States or Australia. And even if we did, they would have their hands tied by Europe. It's not going to happen mate,..... ever.

So, taking that into considration, they can bugger off and leave me alone as far as I'm concerned. I don't want any of their regulations and restrictions, or their poxy licence, just for the sake of keeping people in jobs. The BMP and bass MLS increase might not have been everyones idea of an ideal world, but the culmination of these things was always going to tell us everything we needed to know about what this government was, or wasn't, prepared to do for RSA. If you, or anyone else, failed to recognise what has happened, we got nothing. Zilch. Nought, nought. F*** all.

Maybe one or two people are disappointed that they won't become the new Minister for RSA, or whatever the title may have been, and some just can't face letting go, but it's over. The games up. Bradshaw, Shaw, etc, have shown us their hand and they were bluffing.

Time to wake up mate.

You say that the WSF gang hollering won't make any difference in the grand scheme of things. Well, the NFSA, SACN and BASS hollering hasn't made any difference either...

Edited by Steve Coppolo

DRUNK DRIVERS WRECK LIVES.

Don't drink and drive.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ada

I find it amazing how so many people have failed to grasp the fact that we simply don't have the government in this country to implement a tiny fraction of what's required to achieve a fishery like those enjoyed in the States or Australia. And even if we did, they would have their hands tied by Europe. It's not going to happen mate, ever.

I find it amazing that this govenment can allow defra to spend anually 100 mill on the uk fishery, out of that they quite frankly achieve nothing. On the other hand, i'm not supprised really.

Edited by barry luxton

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

So, taking that into considration, they can bugger off and leave me alone as far as I'm concerned.

Ahhh ... the informed face of RSA (and I have a deal of respect for Steve).

They won't leave you alone .... but, there will be a 'backlash' against the EU as we wade into Conservative Government.

But forget that ... the only way through to Brussels is via our own Minister and he WILL be influenced by lobbyists from those organisations which are sufficiently able to afford representations.

I am a lifetime angler who has seen 'better times' as regards inshore UK stocks and NO ONE can convince me that the commercial sector should not shoulder most of the blame.

Those of us who have had our gear trawled up by an 'under 10' and received a

2fingers.jpg

feel their methods are less than acceptable with regard to equal rights to a resource.

We may work together eventually, as stakeholders (horrible word).

I'm more concerned about you Wurzels of the world recognising my rights before I concede ANYTHING to them.

<_<

They won't leave you alone .... but, there will be a 'backlash' against the EU as we wade into Conservative Government.

But forget that ... the only way through to Brussels is via our own Minister and he WILL be influenced by lobbyists from those organisations which are sufficiently able to afford representations.

I am a lifetime angler who has seen 'better times' as regards inshore UK stocks and NO ONE can convince me that the commercial sector should not shoulder most of the blame.

2fingers.jpg

feel their methods are less than acceptable with regard to equal rights to a resource.

I'm more concerned about you Wurzels of the world recognising my rights before I concede ANYTHING to them.

<_<

The rights and wrongs don't come into it. It doesn't matter what we think, what we want, who owns the resource or who's to blame. None of it matters. All that matters is that I am not prepared to let this sorry mob heap a whole host of regulations and restrictions on me for nothing good in return. The mob and RSA have both had their chance and it amounted to nothing. If we ever get out of europe we might achieve something, but I don't see that happening any time soon.

DRUNK DRIVERS WRECK LIVES.

Don't drink and drive.

If you know that why arn't they reported? Where do they sell, who are the recievers then. You must know who as you have stated that they are selling. Or it can only be classed as hearsay if there is no proof offered. Can you not take photographs?

Hi Barry,

As I said a few posts back I have spoken at length to the fisheries officer about it!

Please Please check this out!

http://www.justgiving.com/tacyedewick?ref=

One of the reasons RSA didn’t get anywhere was anglers didn’t really get behind it.

The main reason for this I think was fairly bad representation (and no I’m not saying I could do better).

The lack of knowledge shown by people like you Adrian regarding commercial practises is astonishing! Surely to make such argument that are made you need some understanding of what you opponent is up to

A cap on effort would leave more fish in the sea and my reason for posting this was that I feel by taking out the trash in the way of unlicensed commercial vessels would have been capped in its own way.

If I get just one unlicensed boat nicked for selling its catch that will be a few stones more bass staying in my rivers.

This is far more than BASS, SACN and the poxy NFSA have done for me!

If you think that un licensed commercial boats have no effect on fish stocks I’m afraid your living on another planet!

Please Please check this out!

http://www.justgiving.com/tacyedewick?ref=

PS Wurzel ... if things are hard for you, you should be out there making 'hay' while the sun shines!

Making hay when the sun is shining is a sin called over fishing and is not allowed..

wouldn't want you to accuse me of being greedy.

Edited by wurzel

I fish to live and live to fish.

2fingers.jpg

<_<

At the moment it doesn't feel like I have any rights at all to a resource , with a stop on skate fishing and a stop on cod fishing and a small sole quota, while anglers are free to do what they like and judging by the amounts of cod that have been coming ashore from the angling boats that moor near us are also less than acceptable with regard to equal rights to a resource.

I fish to live and live to fish.

A cap on effort would leave more fish in the sea and my reason for posting this was that I feel by taking out the trash in the way of unlicensed commercial vessels would have been capped in its own way.

If I get just one unlicensed boat nicked for selling its catch that will be a few stones more bass staying in my rivers.

This is far more than BASS, SACN and the poxy NFSA have done for me!

If you think that un licensed commercial boats have no effect on fish stocks I’m afraid your living on another planet!

This unlicenced commercial fishing fleet. Is it localised in the thames then, never seen any evidence of it in the channel. Can't be charter boats as all on board would have to be 'init' to make any difference. How many court cases have there been and how many warnings sent out by the local sfc?

If there is none then either the sfc are incompetent, good at spending money but useless at getting results. Or it ain't happening.

Yesterday the sffc boat was out checking the inshore weymouth angling fleet, don't know what for don't think they caught anyone with an undersized mackerel, we spent the day catch and release. Just using up fuel proberbly and taking in the summer rays like the rest of us. If you have evidence the dogs, can't you share it with us to back up these claims or has it been deemed classified.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

This unlicenced commercial fishing fleet. Is it localised in the thames then, never seen any evidence of it in the channel.

I would respectfully suggest you go and have a good look.

There are quite a few boats operating in the vicinity of Ramsgate/Deal/Dover and Folkestone who pull or set nets almost fulltime, but are not licensed/registered.

I doubt they pay income tax, NI, etc.

At least three of them have untaxed vehicles.

"I gotta go where its warm, I gotta fly to saint somewhere "