Bring it On

thedogs

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

{some content quoting removed topics was deleted. Newt}

... illegal fish sales by anglers and unlicienced craft has a substantial impact upon wild stock populations.

Flooding the local markets with cheap illegal fish, would very obviously lower the price licienced commercial fishermen would achieve for the catch.

A lower market price means increased fishing effort.

....illegal fish sales by anglers and unlicienced craft has a substantial impact upon wild stock populations.

Flooding the local markets with cheap illegal fish, would very obviously lower the price licienced commercial fishermen would achieve for the catch.

Wheras licenced commercial fishermen selling 19 tonnes of illegal sole has no effect at all.

HA - Still punting the usual drivel i see (PMSL)

You are one of the worst "self appointed authorities" there is!! (pot & kettle !!)

Wake up and smell the coffee - illegal fish sales by anglers and unlicienced craft has a substantial impact upon wild stock populations.

A lower market price means increased fishing effort. I would have thought even you could work that out. Obviously I have been crediting you with far too much intelligence.

Not that sharp are we, 19 ton of Dovers landed by your buddies flooding the market, and you can only blame anglers. Never mind sharpshooter, footshooter is more appropriate, its about time tools like you 'woke up and smelt the coffee', your ignorance and drivel insults genuine fishermen, and your pathetic attempts at ridiculing anglers shows you to be exactly that - pathetic.

How someone with such a lack of understanding of fisheries and who obviously has such a low intelligence themselves can make assumptions and or castigate a third party as to their own level of intelligence is quite remarkable, did mummy write your reply for you.

Now jog along and go and play with your toy boat. Are you a wannabe fisherman :bye1:

{some content removed. Newt}

I may well have a degree in fisheries management, commercial skippers ticket and 20 years seatime, but never - ever claim to know it all - or anywhere near it. I continue to learn every single day, be that at sea, rigging gear on the quay, or wasting time talking to muppets like you on here.

So, a few commercial fishermen break the law. They get fined. Good IMO. Do the crime, do the time. I have managed to make a good enough living fishing within the law, so have little sympathy for fishermen who so blatantly fish illegally.

The actions of a few does not mean that every commercial fishermen lands illegal fish does it !!

That would be like saying all anglers get drunk, verbally abuse the general public walking past, leave any fish they catch lying all over the beach, along with all their litter, discarded line, hooks and bait.

Some do; but i'm intelligent enough to realise that not all anglers are like that, and the few give the majority a bad name.

So many Danglers rant on about commercial over fishing this, and over quota that; then go and flog their fish for a few quid on the side.

Anglers are very quick to say there are in excess of 1million anglers in the UK, and that RSA brings in more money to the local economy. Well, if that 'pie in the sky' figure is correct, 1 million anglers would have a massive impact on uk fisheries. So you put them back after you have had your kicks and cheap trophy photo? How many swim off to die a slow painfull death related to the 'experiance' you have put them through??

RSA impact on wild stock populations is much larger than anglers give account for. Prove me wrong.

Welcome to Anglersnet SS :)

Why thankyou Leon.

Good to see some wheat amounst the chaff.....

illegal fish sales by anglers and unlicienced craft has a substantial impact upon wild stock populations.

A lower market price means increased fishing effort. I would have thought even you could work that out. Obviously I have been crediting you with far too much intelligence.

At last! a person that really seems to know something about real life!

Please Please check this out!

http://www.justgiving.com/tacyedewick?ref=

I may well have a degree in fisheries management, commercial skippers ticket and 20 years seatime,

Blah Blah Blah Blah..... But your still going to tell us right..... I've got this, I've got that, I've done this & I've done that, from experience usually means you've done fook all and know even less

So many Danglers rant on about commercial over fishing this, and over quota that; then go and flog their fish for a few quid on the side.

Your evidence of this is where exactly? Right so you come on an SEA ANGLING forum call fook out of anglers in your first post and expect credibility.

....illegal fish sales by anglersand unlicienced craft has a substantial impact upon wild stock populations. Flooding the local markets with cheap illegal fish, would very obviously lower the price licienced commercial fishermen would achieve for the catch

Genuine question' which wild stock populations are these then that have been significantly impacted by anglers'

Funny I went down Newlyn market early the other morning and was amazed by all the anglers lined up selling their illegal fish, Elizabeth was beside herself, as where the merchants, all these anglers selling boxes of fish. The MFA officers didn't know what to do with themselves all this illegal fish being sold by illegal fishermen, driving the cost of fish down. One MFA officer I spoke to said its the same all over the country, no matter where you go, at every market in the land there's anglers selling boxes and boxes of illegal fish on the markets. Of course they are far too busy to put a stop to it chasing the odd commercial bounder.

Anglers are very quick to say there are in excess of 1million anglers in the UK, and that RSA brings in more money to the local economy. Well, if that 'pie in the sky' figure is correct, 1 million anglers would have a massive impact on uk fisheries.

This 'pie in the sky' figure you seem so concerned about, if its wrong then it blows your argument out of the water, either they are a significant financial driver or they are not, your argument does not stand up to scrutiny, if you say the figure is wrong, then they cannot have an impact on UK fisheries.

The actions of a few does not mean that every commercial fishermen lands illegal fish does it !!

Strange, but I've read this thread over and over again, but can't find anywhere, were anyone (other than yourself above) states that all commercial fishermen land illegal fish. Are your experiences real or imagined, or do you normally just talk poop.

That would be like saying all anglers get drunk, verbally abuse the general public walking past, leave any fish they catch lying all over the beach, along with all their litter, discarded line, hooks and bait.

Some do; but i'm intelligent enough to realise that not all anglers are like that, and the few give the majority a bad name.

Once again, something that only you talk about, :rolleyes: your not doing very well so far are you, I'd get that chip seen to if I was you, it seems to be giving you a list.

So you put them back after you have had your kicks and cheap trophy photo? How many swim off to die a slow painfull death related to the 'experiance' you have put them through

I've no idea, and neither have you, one thing is for certain, the survival rates are a damned sight greater than being dragged along the seabed in a 90mm to 120mm mesh net for up to 3 or 4 hrs hauled to the surface and then dumped back overboard because the fish is either too small, not the right size (there is a difference), not a targeted species, not the right kind of species, not worth landing or illegal to do so under the quota system. You are not in a position to preach to anglers over the ethics of capturing fish.

RSA impact on wild stock populations is much larger than anglers give account for. Prove me wrong.

Possibly, but as you haven't proved anything yet, I fail to see what I'm trying to disprove. I don't think anyone would deny anglers kill fish, and in the end quite a considerable number of fish will die, either for consumption or as a result of being caught. However, if you are saying anglers kill more fish than are killed by commercial fishing, then I reckon your living in cloud cuckoo land I will not waste my valuable time arguing with an irrational nutter.

You are one of the worst "self appointed authorities" there is!!
- 'Bluntshooter'

Coming from you that is a compliment!

Actually, I have never professed to be an authority ..... it's something much more important than that ..... commonsense; something you and your 'dog'matic leetle group of fifth columnists on WSF seem to have left behind in a brief hick-up of evolution, mainly affecting the extremities of the UK, thank God.

Glad to see HA actually has some bum-chums !!

Offensive little man when dealing with a human quality (commonsense) he is sadly deficient in, eh?

B)

PS Elton, I think you have a nasty virus on the forum!

Edited by H.A.

Blah Blah Blah Blah..... But your still going to tell us right..... I've got this, I've got that, I've done this & I've done that, from experience usually means you've done fook all and know even less.

Sorry to dissapoint, but no. I have better things to do than argue the toss with you.

Thing is, I have done, and have got what I have said, so in your opinion, that means ive "fook all and know even less" then carry on. Like i said. It matters not to me what you think you know about me lol

Right so you come on an SEA ANGLING forum call fook out of anglers in your first post and expect credibility.

I expect nothing from you, except the usual rubbish you spout (going by your previos posts). Look at my member number. I have been on here a while; and this is the second log in name I have used. I changed when I moved house a while back. I have posted on here before, and for a while, so please keep your jumped up opinions to yourself.

The last thing i would expect from someone like you is credibility. If you have none yourself, how on earth can you become a reputable source??

You are not in a position to preach to anglers over the ethics of capturing fish.

You assume I work on a trawler or netter or something like that pehaps? Maybe I fish exculsivley with hook & line in MSC acredited sustainable fisheries?

So many assumptions from you when you know nothing of who I am or what i do....

Possibly, but as you haven't proved anything yet, I fail to see what I'm trying to disprove. I don't think anyone would deny anglers kill fish, and in the end quite a considerable number of fish will die...

We agree on something.

However, if you are saying anglers kill more fish than are killed by commercial fishing, then I reckon your living in cloud cuckoo land...

Where exactly have i said that?? re-read the post. Not mentioned at all !!

Am i a "wannabe fisherman" ?? No. I am a fisherman; and an angler. Been angling longer and will be long after I hang up my seaboots for the last time.