North Korea?

davedave

Have you ever thought that Obama and Cameron have been on the phone to the NK despot and asked him to strut his stuff?

Cameron then gets the green light for his nuke upgrade programme and Obamma gets the opportunity to drop a few covert Ops around China to have a gander.

Nk backs down after a while, gets a bag of rice, going back into the darkness.

Ever played Life Chess?

hmmm the threat of a nuke attack will take the eyes of the americans and them realising abummer hasnt actually done anything ,and perhaps mislead the brits ATOS isnt a bunch of box ticking ***** ,good p;loy but was it explained to KIM very ILL its just a cracking wheeze Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Never quite understood European anti-Americanism, particularly given their involvement in WW2.

I think that's probably why!

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

I know, my ex, although she is French doesn't get it either. I remember a family dinner at the ex's house and one of the sisters-in-law made a typical anti-American remark. Well we have an American war Cemetry in Douvres, with about 10,000 dead Americans in it. After lunch Fanny proposed we all take all walk and she led us past the American Cemetry. Once we were there she tore a strip off her sister-in-law, but I must admit you hear the anti-America stuff less in Normandie than the rest of France, they fly more Stars and Bars than Tricolours in Normandie

Funny that, a friend of mine bought an old farmhouse to restore in the Mayenne region. He was given **** by a significant number of the locals until they realised his funny accent was Herefordshire...not American...then they couldn't have been more apologetic...they hated the Yanks for "indiscriminate bombing" and loved the Brits because we were "normal".

Just an observation based on a tale and my experience of visiting him!...doesn't necessarily reflect the facts of WW2 but as it was seen in that particular area.

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

Funny that, a friend of mine bought an old farmhouse to restore in the Mayenne region. He was given **** by a significant number of the locals until they realised his funny accent was Herefordshire...not American...then they couldn't have been more apologetic...they hated the Yanks for "indiscriminate bombing" and loved the Brits because we were "normal".

Just an observation based on a tale and my experience of visiting him!...doesn't necessarily reflect the facts of WW2 but as it was seen in that particular area.

Indiscrimate bombing in the Mayenne? That's a bloody joke, there is bugger all to bomb in the Mayenne. Have you seen what Caen looked like at the end of WWII? It's true that more French civilians were killed by ALLIED bombing than were killed by the Germans. But Normandy took the most of it, and Calvados took the most of that. Falaise was razed to the ground, but you won't hear many people in Falaise speaking ill of the Americans all the same.

Edited by corydoras

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Cory, you've gone all Mr. Angry again...all bloody night regardless of what post I've made. I have seen and chatted with, first hand, locals from Mayenne (elderly ones who experienced the second world war, or so they said). that hated the Americans for their indiscriminate bombing and had apologised to my friend when they found out he was English. Sorry, I can't undo it, I can't unfight the war, I can only say what I experienced and was told. Perhaps the people from Mayenne are all liars, perhaps they were immigrants from different areas, I don't know, sorry, I was in a foreign land and being polite and trusting...damn my British decency!

Yes I got angry. I get angry when I hear the liberators of France get slagged of by those that were liberated. Don't forget I was married to a French lady. I have a French mother-inlaw, sisters-in-laws, brothers-in-law. Uncles, Aunts, Great-Aunts, nephews, nieces, second cousins and many, many French friends. I speak French just as they do and my kids live in France and go to French schools. I was happy for them to stay with their mother and go to school in France because they get a far better education than they would here.

When me and my wife split up I thought I would lose all that, but all the family said to me that it did not matter what happened betwixt me and my wife, I was one of them now and as long as I kept on being me then I would always be part of the family. I am proud to be a member of that family, but not because I was born there but because of the way they have treated me and because of the way that they treat each other. Being a decent human being has got bugger all to do with where one is born. There are decent human beings all over the world and there are slimy scumbags all over the world too.

Vive Le Royaume Unis, Vive La France et Vive Le États-Unis aussi.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!

I don't recall slagging off the French!

oh well, more...

Hay.jpg

I didn't say you did, you said that your mates neighbours in the Mayenne did. It is them that my anger is directed towards, not you. Try to READ what I post. I'd appreciate if if you would not accuse me of making logical fallacies when in another thread you accusing me of being a drugged up drunken prat because you are having problems following the discussion.

Yes I got angry. I get angry when I hear the liberators of France get slagged of by those that were liberated.

Edited by corydoras

I saw on the news today that 98% of the fuel NK uses is supplied by China.............

I can't believe that "the kid" is willing to upset the Chinese for fear of most of his country having no power, heating or fuel.

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional :-)

I didn't say you did, you said that your mates neighbours in the Mayenne did. It is them that my anger is directed towards, not you. Try to READ what I post. I'd appreciate if if you would not accuse me of making logical fallacies when in another thread you accusing me of being a drugged up drunken prat because you are having problems following the discussion.

having read your quote it clearly states that it makes you angry, however it doesn't go on to intimate where your anger is directed. And looking at the above, if your not taking anything, I suggest you might need to or go and get your head sorted. :headhurt:

• Like 1

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..