Happy or Sad?

Sportsman

It will always intrigue me whether in the jaws of defeat in her second office whether she sent a task force to save the Falkland’s to save her skin or whether she would have done anyway. I don’t know the answer to that one only she does. I honestly look back and see turbulent times in the 80’s.

• Like 1

There is not one thing different between ideology and religeon

What do you mean "lost their lives"?

Literally, I had two friends that committed suicide, as a direct consequence of her 'do away with industry' policy, Then of course their were a 'few' in the ill thought out Falklands affair. Other lives were 'lost' when whole communities had to just shut down, no hope, no future, then no dignity, in other words, no life, just an existence. Her policies condemned a whole generation to this, an 'under class' that had no connection to the 'world' she supported. The worst kind of Capitalism, the teachings of Von Heyak, and Friedman.

I'm getting angry just writing this, I'll give it a rest.

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Literally, I had two friends that committed suicide, as a direct consequence of her 'do away with industry' policy, Then of course their were a 'few' in the ill thought out Falklands affair. Other lives were 'lost' when whole communities had to just shut down, no hope, no future, then no dignity, in other words, no life, just an existence. Her policies condemned a whole generation to this, an 'under class' that had no connection to the 'world' she supported. The worst kind of Capitalism, the teachings of Von Heyak, and Friedman.

I'm getting angry just writing this, I'll give it a rest.

John.

If Labour had tackled the bloody miners who thought they could rule this bloody country then we might never have had Maggie Bloody Thatcher as PM.

Asking a farm worker to have sympathy with miners is like asking a seaman to have sympathy for a docker

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

RIP Maggie.

We have never seen your like since.

DIdn't like the woman, I'll never forgive her for using Scotland as some sort of political laboratory and she turned her back on the Merchant Navy once we had done with us after the Falklands, but today is not the day for recriminations. My thoughts are with her family

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

RIP Maggie.

We have never seen your like since.

Thank God, (and I'm an atheist)

John.

• Like 1

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

I spent quite a while working 'oop north' on an autojumble stall during the police attacks on the miners, bloody disgraceful.

Women were coming round our stalls (bike parts and engineering stuff) selling cups of tea, home-made sandwiches and cakes to try and scrape up a few quid. We'd all have a whip round at the end of the weekend to donate what we could afford.

...a lot of us on the jumbles had been knocked out of work because Maggie had been selling off our manufacturing industry, there was little respect for the police after witnessing some of the vicious armed attacks on unarmed peaceful protestors...and a lot of sympathy for the miners.

No love lost here!

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

If Labour had tackled the bloody miners who thought they could rule this bloody country then we might never have had Maggie Bloody Thatcher as PM.

You could say the same for Heaths Government. Thatchers 'battle' with the miners was very orchestrated, and the Union leaders were too 'blind' to see it. There were more than the miners involved, and her ongoing 'battle' with the Union leaders, had little regard for the workforce in general.

I'll give Thatcher some credit for being very clever, in a very devious way.

I worked for an MP who was one of Thatchers followers. if you got him rattled enough, he would blurt out some of the things we could expect. This was done in a threatening way, and left us in no doubt what to expect.

today is not the day for recriminations. My thoughts are with her family

Very touching Cory, and while I can offer some sympathy to anyone losing a parent, her legacy (that she worked so hard to achieve), is something I can't mention/think about, without recriminations.

As you can probably guess, this is a very emotive subject with me, and I think it's the only time in my life, I can say that I actually hated someone.

John.

Edited by gozzer

............. there was little respect for the police after witnessing some of the vicious armed attacks on unarmed peaceful protestors..........

Perhaps you could put up some evidence in support of this statement?

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

Then you are in my opinion a sick person. A human being has died and two other human beings have lost their mother.

How many people in the North East and your beloved Scotland did she lead to suicide and despair, how many communities were torn apart by her policies?

I could not care less about her; if you think I'm sick it's because I believe in something called society, what about you?

Edited by Tony U

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.