R.I.P Maggie T

n4lly

And isn't that a sad reflection...she took a country to war when it could have been avoided (allegedly)...just to boost her popularity!

I wonder how the proud parents of our brave fallen of that "conflict" feel?

Not a dig at you John, many of my friends suffered the painful results of her arrogance.

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

Much as I loath Maggie, her finest hour was the Falklands War. Her lowest hour was the fight with the unions, in particular the miners, but then again Scargill wanted a fight with the Government and he got it, to the detriment of miners nationwide. Between them, they destroyed the mining industry, split families apart, and in the long run allowed the Government to ride roughshod over workers today.

I don't know where you're going to end up Mags, but when we heard the news this afternoon when I was in the pub, you could have heard the cheering on the other side of town! THAT, is how you will be remembered here in the north.

We should have shut down the coal fields DECADES before Maggie came to power and went nuclear as France did. Then we might have some of the cheapest elecricity in Europe too.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

We should have shut down the coal fields DECADES before Maggie came to power and went nuclear as France did. Then we might have some of the cheapest elecricity in Europe too.

Knowing this country it would probably have been a bodge. Biased bidding process and substandard construction.

The Peasants getting something cheap and not being ripped off...oooo God forbid...excuse the pun Cory :bleh: :bleh:

Much as I loath Maggie, her finest hour was the Falklands War. Her lowest hour was the fight with the unions, in particular the miners, but then again Scargill wanted a fight with the Government and he got it, to the detriment of miners nationwide. Between them, they destroyed the mining industry, split families apart, and in the long run allowed the Government to ride roughshod over workers today.

I don't know where you're going to end up Mags, but when we heard the news this afternoon when I was in the pub, you could have heard the cheering on the other side of town! THAT, is how you will be remembered here in the north.

But the git that sounds like a fish that's been in a fight is probably still some kind of folk hero I'll wager.

Edited by corydoras

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!

err na, the miners strike went off without a vote or a mandate from the miners, scargill was a kn@b. someone has already said, three times she was voted in, i.e. she had a mandate to govern, that she did.

but she was never voted in by anything like the majority of the electorate!.See here. The same goes for any government election in the UK.The party that 'wins' only has a mandate to govern from a minority of voters.

Edited by Lid

I wonder how many ex miners wil be dancing on Scargills grave when he snuffs it.

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

but she was never voted in by anything like the majority of the electorate!.See here. The same goes for any government election in the UK.The party that 'wins' only has a mandate to govern from a minority of voters.

Well that's the fault of those who won't get there ass out of the dor on election day and register a vote then.

I wonder how many ex miners wil be dancing on Scargills grave when he snuffs it.

Until I read your post, I thought he had already croaked mate!

John i think what really happened with the miners maggy set it all up it was she that wanted the fight with the miners scargill played straight into her hands it was all instergated false stocks of coal etc if scargill had had a ballot she would have lost he was as pig headed as she was but the only thing i have got to say in defence of scargill was he was telling the truth and she wasnt he said she is going to shut all mines down she denide it she even split the nottingham miners from the rest by lying to them a good move then she then knifed them in the back and shut them down she wasnt as popular in this country as the press are making out .

paul.

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg