R.I.P Maggie T

n4lly

It seems there is going to be a lot of cash spent on her funeral.

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

Well she was royalty andrew or so the or so the tory party would like us to believe it just shows when it suits money is no object the tory party should pay 10 million for security probably 5 times that the people who are just been affected by the benefit cuts will not to pleased and can you blame them osborn tried to get political gain throught the tragicl loss of the 6 children cameron will try and do the same here a lot of people in this country are not happy you would think it was the queen we were laying to rest .

Sad to say there will be protests that is as sure as god made little apples after all this time people have not forgot her own party ditched her now the same people who got rid of her are on telly telling everybody how wonderfull she was what a complete bunch of hypocrites but thats the torys for you stab you in back as soon as look at you.

paul.

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

And while we are on the subject of the Queen attending Maggies funeral, I think it is the final insult to all those people who suffered because of her policies.

She might just as well stick two fingers up to them.

Den

Edited by poledark

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

Of course some younger people have an opinion of Thatcher, mine do. They have seen the effects of her policies on parents, grandparents, even whole communities.

My son was born during her 'reign', he remember the times I was made redundant, out of work for a while, The piles of job applications, and my disappointment at the lack of replies. The miners families 'begging' in the streets. Mum and Dad taking little temporary part time jobs to make ends meet. Asking why those men were fighting against the police on the news, and why the police were hitting them with sticks. All these things stick in the mind, even of a toddler. He remembers me taking a job that I hated, because it was coming up to Christmas, and I'd been out of work for a few months. After all these years he's still got the little car I let him choose, bought for him with my first weeks wage. He also remembers the plight of relatives in Scotland, and the struggles they had.

People talk about her "saving Britain", economically she might have. But socially she ruined it. Much of what she achieved could have been done without the vicious, personal, bitter revenge, she applied.

We could have kept this country running by investing money used in benefits, golden handshakes, etc, into re building the decaying infrastructure of this country, building a solid manufacturing base, ready for the future. Most of the renenue from North sea oil/gas was wasted, much of it on keeping people out of work. Selling shares of our utilities, back to the people who already owned them, (did you remember to tell Sid?), was a con, and designed to make sure that they ended up being run by individual (foreign) companies.

I partly blame myself and my parents for my present state, I couldn't buy into the "stuff you, I'm alright Jack", and " Trample over anyone to get what you want", system that became the norm' during the 80s, and is still around today. It wasn't in my nature, and I'm afraid I've passed that legacy onto my kids, I hope they fare better.

John.

• Like 1

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

She wants to be remembered as a wartime minister and I find that quite bizarre. So she was in power for a decade and yet she wants a military funeral.

It was not a campaign against Napoleon or Hitler was it. That is not in any way not having respect for those who fought in the Falklands far from it as an ex-military man they are the bravest humans on the planet.

I find these funeral arrangements very perplexing. Was it Margaret and country or queen and country....?

As a British citizen am I the only one that feels a bit snubbed by this funeral? I can’t tell you why I just have a dodgy stomach over it. I am a Royalist but there just is something that does not sit right with British history with this? It seems to me she was treated like royalty by royalty and by heads of state.

It’s almost an upper class funeral for the upper classes. Even now in her death I feel she is out of touch with the people as they don’t see you as Winston Churchill dear...Sorry about that!

There is not one thing different between ideology and religeon

She wants to be remembered as a wartime minister and I find that quite bizarre. So she was in power for a decade and yet she wants a military funeral.

It was not a campaign against Napoleon or Hitler was it. That is not in any way not having respect for those who fought in the Falklands far from it as an ex-military man they are the bravest humans on the planet.

I find these funeral arrangements very perplexing. Was it Margaret and country or queen and country....?

As a British citizen am I the only one that feels a bit snubbed by this funeral? I can’t tell you why I just have a dodgy stomach over it. I am a Royalist but there just is something that does not sit right with British history with this? It seems to me she was treated like royalty by royalty and by heads of state.

It’s almost an upper class funeral for the upper classes. Even now in her death I feel she is out of touch with the people as they don’t see you as Winston Churchill dear...Sorry about that!

Big error in your words there Dave, you are not a citizen, you are a SUBJECT, never forget that, the government won't!

Edited by nick

Nick

...life

what's it all about...?

All,

Just my personal views, I'm not British and have no recollection of her domestic policies.

She had a pretty clear vision of the US. She had a blunt way of expressing tart advice to successive US Presidents.

She very much "fit" the mould of George HW Bush and Ronald Reagan. The three thought very much alike. (right person; right time; right place)

She did a great deal to shore up the image of Britain and the special US - British relationship.

She was insturmental in the Reagan - Gorbachev years.

Rightly or wrongly, she was true to a course of telling the world she didn't want a welfare state and wanted a more "competitave" society. (The US, at the time, liked that rhetoric.)

My personal views were she was gracious, sincere and really not so "iron like".

I liked her very much, I'm saddened, she will be remembered as a genuine partner. (ohh, I am very liberal).

Phone