Poundland bargain

Ken L

I just got their fishing tools set consisting of a hook file, a pair of (nail clipper style) line cutters, a jig eye paint clearing tool and a lanyard. I forget the price but it was good value.

I've used their spinner packs before and they're great for urban rivers where you can expect a a lot of losses to carpets and shopping trollys - and at 20p a pop, loosing them is tolerable.

Current stock also includes sets of disgorgers etc.

Not a replacement for the tackle shop but great if you want spares and the disgorgers are cheap enough to give away to kids who need pointing in the right direction - if you're not scared off by the prospect of being branded a paedo.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

I just got their fishing tools set consisting of a hook file, a pair of (nail clipper style) line cutters, a jig eye paint clearing tool and a lanyard. I forget the price but it was good value.

I've used their spinner packs before and they're great for urban rivers where you can expect a a lot of losses to carpets and shopping trollys - and at 20p a pop, loosing them is tolerable.

Current stock also includes sets of disgorgers etc.

Not a replacement for the tackle shop but great if you want spares and the disgorgers are cheap enough to give away to kids who need pointing in the right direction - if you're not scared off by the prospect of being branded a paedo.

you forget the price but it from poundland, i think i could hazard a guess !!!!

you forget the price but it from poundland, i think i could hazard a guess !!!!

Have you noticed just how many people ask the cashier how much things are in Poundland?

You'll just have to excuse Ken, we do, and we just don't talk about it, much. Lead pipes and aluminium sauce pans yer know!