Spawn Time

Elton

I saw a lot of activity in the margin of my pond yesterday from an upstairs window, went outside to investigate and found this (along with about a dozen fleeing frogs!):

3304ojp.jpg

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

And for posh ones?

• Like 1

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

They woke us last night, and we had two massive chunks of this. Funnily enough we have had for some time males mounted on dead females, so I don't know if frogs are into necrophilia

The two best times to go fishing are when it's raining and when it's not

they were....until some rotten *$%@ split on them....

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

They woke us last night, and we had two massive chunks of this. Funnily enough we have had for some time males mounted on dead females, so I don't know if frogs are into necrophilia

Males can accidently drown females in their passion. I once saw 4 males clamped to a female in my pond and she looked to be getting the worse of it so I netted them and removed three of the males. One of the blighters then clamped on one of my goldfish and I had a hell of a job freeing her and to this day she wear the mark of embrace. Who'd of thought that a Frog could be so dangerous.

They are very late this year due to the long cold spell we are experiencing, I have no spawn at all. My Toads have yet to make an appearance, I haven't seen one so far.

• Like 1

Males can accidently drown females in their passion. I once saw 4 males clamped to a female in my pond and she looked to be getting the worse of it so I netted them and removed three of the males. One of the blighters then clamped on one of my goldfish and I had a hell of a job freeing her and to this day she wear the mark of embrace. Who'd of thought that a Frog could be so dangerous.

They are very late this year due to the long cold spell we are experiencing, I have no spawn at all. My Toads have yet to make an appearance, I haven't seen one so far.

I've had a disaster the last couple of years. Last year there was loads of spawn but the heavy frost got it and there were very few tadpoles and those that hatched the newts ate, except for a few that hatched in an aquarium for my granddaughter to watch and this year they spawned very late, yesterday there was a cupful and that's it so far so that's gone into the aquarium. I had loads of frogs in the pond but only 4 pairs that I could see, the "spare" ones must've been females as they didn't "gang bang" the pairs. Anyone local to me want to "donate" some "spare spawn" frog or toad is welcome as I know there can be too much sometimes and that's not healthy.