Who's been eating my carp?

robtherake

Interesting piece on the BBC news site. Is he right to ban EEs? What do you reckon, then?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-coventry-warwickshire-22104151

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed."

Racist bastard....it's obviously otters...

but then again, they're only european fish so let 'em take 'em home!

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

Unless I've mis-read the situation, this guy is selling day tickets? Surely a simple solution would just be to refuse access in the first place?

How can it racially motivated "eastern europeans " isnt racist its not even a place never mind a distinctive people

Its getting terrible my mum had to take down her "no blacks" sign on her B&B

Edited by chesters1
  • Like 1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

All the fish thieves may be Eastern European (yet to be proved, though), but it doesn't follow that all Eastern Europeans are fish thieves. So of course the sign and policy shouldn't be allowed.

I imagine all the thieves are also male, but I don't see a sign banning all men.

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

No eastern europeans men on a sign uses more paint so it makes sence to shorten it in todays cut backs ,i would just ask them to speak and base my admission on that ,hes saving red faces putting up the sign ,hes being nice

As the owner he can implement any policy he wishes ,the police have homed in on the sign not his rejection of ee's

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Guest 1lastcast

This has featured on my local TV news and they did a piece on it yesterday, all the usual bits about this sort of fishing, shots of individuals that fish commercials, the owner appealing that he is not a racist whilst standing over his No Eastern Europeans sign, and then the support of the English Anglers that to call him a racist was 'unbelievable', and was the last person you would brand racist.

Especially as he had to restock at a cost of £9,500 and only EE take the fish.

Then the talk of throwing the fish back, instead of eating them, then a interview with a EE cultural woman whe said that it was tradition on Christmas Eve that Poles catch carp for the Holidays and they find it difficult to adjust that thinking over here in that they can't take Carp all year round, it is in short a 'cultural misunderstanding'.

So that's all clear then :unsure:

Guest 1lastcast

No eastern europeans men on a sign uses more paint so it makes sence to shorten it in todays cut backs ,i would just ask them to speak and base my admission on that ,hes saving red faces putting up the sign ,hes being nice

Of course it could be the Otter that keeps taking his fish, why doesn't he try a sign with a banning order on Otter, or are we species prejudice too.

But I wonder how difficult it could be to 'police' the water,especially with known EE's that might use the fishery, a simple search of the cars and a good 'pat down' after a session would be the answer.