Who's been eating my carp?

robtherake

You can't (legally) refuse entry to a pub or club on the grounds of race, though you are unlikely to be caught doing so unless you are daft enough to make it obvious what you are doing (for instance, by putting a sign up!).

Poles have Carp as their traditional Xmas day feast. That's probably why nowbody can catch them in Kent in December as most are on their tables :)

There is not one thing different between ideology and religeon

You can't (legally) refuse entry to a pub or club on the grounds of race, though you are unlikely to be caught doing so unless you are daft enough to make it obvious what you are doing (for instance, by putting a sign up!).

Yeah I agree he would have been much better off simply turning them away when they turn up. As I said, he's probably just had enough and snapped a bit, if he's loosing fish like that then who can blame him.

All,

Just a curious question. How much is a day ticket? Fishing is an expensive sport, all things considered. I noticed this example - - - "Now Sainsbury's has announced it will cater for up to 600,000 Poles in Britain by selling carp in 35 stores". (about £5.00 lb). This was in 2006. Isn't it even more available and cheaper now?

Is it an EE custom that the fish has to be "caught" to qualify?

Phone

All,

Just a curious question. How much is a day ticket? Fishing is an expensive sport, all things considered. I noticed this example - - - "Now Sainsbury's has announced it will cater for up to 600,000 Poles in Britain by selling carp in 35 stores". (about £[/size]5.00 lb). This was in 2006. Isn't it even more available and cheaper now?

Is it an EE custom that the fish has to be "caught" to qualify?

Phone

Don't know Phone but at £5.00 per lb (expensive that) you could steal them from a fishery for much less. On a £10 day ticket water bagging a couple of doubles would see you quids in.

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

Rusty,

Yes, I too thought that was quite expensive. Do you know of any reason, other than carp is imported. that it would be so expensive? I don't remember fish being especially expensive in the UK.

Phone

This link has a bit about licences, but can't guarantee the age or currency of it

http://www.lovewarsaw.co.uk/poland/fishing.html

So does this

http://www.nowydworgdanski.wedkuje.pl/media/kolo,kolo-pzw-nowy-dwor-gdanski,777,2210,322.html

There may be more, and do we have any Polish members of the forum who can help. We don't want a member arrested or incarcerated :hypocrite:

OOPs posted on wrong topic

Edited by wotnobivvy

The two best times to go fishing are when it's raining and when it's not

I have come up with a sign he could put up in the other ones place but it may upset other regulars:

No Pole Fishing!

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!