Who's been eating my carp?

robtherake

It does not have to be race:

The RRA defines racial grounds as being on the grounds of colour, race, nationality or ethnic or national origins. Most people think of race discrimination as being less favourable treatment on the grounds of colour or race. However, discrimination on the grounds of nationality, ethnic or national origins is equally unlawful

In the circumstances under discussion Eastern European is clearly a reference to nationality (albeit a group of nationalities), and therefore it is 'raciaetsl grounds'.

There is no colour ,ethnic or nation its a place on a very modern map that gets bigger every so

often ,the "eastern" will soon become the central if it gets bigger ,better to say no foreigners and do it properly,if the blacks can have their federations and music channels its fair game for all

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Might be the answer foreigners are extremely racist their at each other throats at the drop of a hat.

He simply has to form a fishing club and only allow in who he chooses ,no need to say why some are excluded just as landlords need no excuse to refuse serving you ,are we still allowed to put no irish on posters still?

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

he only needs to take down his sign and make a decision as to who is allowed on site on a case by case basis, it's not rocket science, it's basic business management!

Nick

...life

what's it all about...?

What, all of them? All Eastern Europeans are thieves?

According to the owner all of those that visit his fishery yes. I am assuming that there are more EE anglers stealing from his fishery than there are those who are putting their catch back.

This guy's being labelled as a racist because of his sign, if he just turned them away or found another discreet way to ensure that they didn't fish at his venue would he still be a racist or just protecting his livelihood?

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

He'd still be a racist, but he'd be within the letter of the law. The law is extremely clear on this, as is his freedom to hold whatever personal view he likes.

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

The sign is making his decision making process explicit - and his decision making process is illegal. He could probably get away with the illegal process if he didn't signpost what he is doing, but that wouldn't make it any less illegal.

Using the UK legal definition of what constitutes "race" - yes, he is being a racist, there is no getting round it. Believing that you can prejudge how people will behave on the basis of their race is racial prejudice, that's all there really is to it. His motivation (to protect his livelihood) doesn't change that.

• Like 1

Its a strange time when foreigners have more rights than us lot still there you go ,i'l be dead soon so it will be up to the younger ones to sort out whats gone wrong

It's true, us white males in a western democratic country do have a tough time of it. This isn't based on anything, but I expect we are the most persecuted and discriminated group in the world.

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music