Letter From The ACA Chairman

Alan Roe

Dear Birdie,

How thoroughly enjoyable to see you posting again. So much expertise on all major angling issues has been sorely missed I'm sure.

Bet a bag of gobstoppers I could get you to say more on the matter though!!

I have a question though M'a Lord Birdie;

You said,

"If I could think of a good reason for him to stay, I would use it tomorrow."

Do you know of any undisclosed reasons Chris might have had for resigning?? Take your time Birdie. Ask the audience? 50-50? Phone a friend?

And I'm one who actually has paid my ACA subs so feel entitled to have my say.

Regards,

Lee.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Graham Elliott asked;

"Would anyone like to comment on the costs involved in the movements of the ACA Head Office location over the past few years?"

Good point. When the ACA were based in Grantham, it only cost me 30p on the bus into town from my village to go and see them. I dread to think how much the bus fare might be now to go and see them at their new HQ.

Regards,

Lee.

Dear Trenty, was it p's then? Surely d's when you travelled that long ago?

Then again Grantham to the Berkshire Countryside and onward, a fair rise in property values I would guess and all free funded and appreciated.

Graham

Dear All,

Personally, I never really understood the ACA move from Grantham to where they ended up? I would have thought that Grantham was a fairly central location for the ACA?

Met Jayne and Bob a few times when they were both in lodgings in Grantham.

Lovely old market town Grantham. You can still buy tank tops, flaired trousers, platform shoes and tulip collared shirts.

Regards,

Lee.

Dear Peter,

The honorable lady had fled, oops sorry, left the town of Grantham way before the James's held lodgings there. But the ACA office was only just around the corner from her dad's one time grocers shop admittedly. There's a nice little plaque on the old shop wall depicting for all that said lady was born there. Marge I mean not Jayne.

I never liked Marge much or should I say her policies and the iron like way she carried them out. Then again, I did admire her strength. Bit like Winston Churchill with a perm and blue frock but without the cigar.

Grantham folk don't seem to talk much about Marge from my experience. Then again, most didn't appear to know they once had the ACA HQ in the middle of their town either!! Bit like angling doesn't either come to think of it??

Perhaps thats why they moved Peter? No one knew they were there? And as everyone knows, you just don't get noticed unless you live dahn sarf.

Regards,

Lee.