Anyone here into bodybuilding?

Gaffer

Since August I've lifted the odd weight or two and managed to increase my body weight by 12lbs of lean mass as well as dropping my Body Fat percentage down from 18.5% to 14.1%.

My goal is to get my BF below 10%, but I've got a long way to go!

So I was just wondered if anyone on here was into bodybuilding?

Ah right THAT kind of bodybuilding, sorry mate i thought you meant bodies as in cars, coaches & lorry bodies.

I've got sat in my bedroom a complete multigym pec decks, butterfly's, leg stretchers & a whole load of weights.

Wanna buy it :D

TROGG (Alan)

a government is there to serve its people not rule them

Since the age of about 15, I've been on a strict body-building diet of beer and kebabs.

I now have the body of a God......Buddha!

Elton

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

ALAN FAWCETT:

Wanna buy it   :D  

You'll have to pick it up though, Gaffer, as Trogg can't lift it :D

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Hiya Gaffer, I've been lifting for about 9 years. I took some time out once I arrived here and just recently have returned. My wife says my onions are now bigger than hers which means its time to go back or break down and buy support. :D

It takes time and if you are taking any sort of supplement be sure to read the directions carefully, don't exceed the dosage and remember a supplement is just that.. Something to be taken with food. Some people forget to eat while taking them which has a detrimental effect. What I’ve found is to eat and eat a lot. Just be sensible about it. I’m by no means a professional but I can give some pointers.

Cheers

Jeff

Piscator non solum piscatur.

Yellow Prowler13

2274389822_1033c38a0e_s.jpg

Ask me at 75...

Ive been doing weight training on and off for about 10 years now.

I used to work on it pretty hard, reducing my body fat, and developing body mass for a few years .... that was before I decided to go University in 97. Since then I would say my body fat must have jumped to around 100% :)

I still go to the gym 2-3 times a week if I can, but now my weight training is almost all development of upper areas (arms, shoulders, chest) and general fitness doing resistance training ... rather than on general all over development and fat reduction, I dont think I can be single minded enough anymore with the will power to work hard on my body fat.

One thing I "know" is that I have to start on my mid section ... an office job and a bakers across the road that sells lovely pies had taken it toll.

Well done on getting your Body Fat down, and developing your mass. Good luck on getting below 10%.

Gillies

tha fis agam a bhe iasg nuth dunidh sasain!

www.gilliesmackenzie.com

Does Belly Building count?

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

I was our schools best gymnast, then nothing for years. Got divorced, looked in the mirror as you do, didn't like what I saw, and did something about it. Eighteen months later I was looking good. Then inactivity creeps back in, the diet is not adherred to and ale consumption increases.

Back to square one.

I joined a gym full of animals and I mean animals.

Checked out what I could do (15 years ago)and set about repeating the same. Result; Wrecked :o .

18 months now since I wrecked both rotator cuffs and that is the end of me. I swim once a week but am still far fitter than most my age. Only trouble is, by building muscle, you will increase your body mass so will become heavier and as you get older. This weight has to be carried so look after your legs. A lot of anglers are not at all healthy :( keep it up.

I expect to pass through this world but once; any good thing therefore that I can do, or any kindness I can show to any fellow - creature, let me do it now, let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.

Hi Gaffer! How's ya doing??

I used to play Rugby - knackered my knees!!

Turned to long-distance running (I kid you not: 2hrs 54mins marathon) then met the missus!!

Enjoyed weight training, this developed into body-building - joined 'Mike Bakers', then 'Image' (both n/pton)..........

Thing I'm getting to mate, is......... look at me now - you really want to go down that road? :D:D:D:D:D

[ 31. December 2002, 07:25 PM: Message edited by: mpbdsnu ]

Elton:

You'll have to pick it up though, Gaffer, as Trogg can't lift it :D

Elton

Remind me to slap you the next time we meet up

quote:

originally posted by mpbdsnu

I used to play Rugby
Snap but i knackered my back (& it wasn't even in a match, i did it trying to be clever n shift the scrum machine on my own
:(
)

quote:

Thing I'm getting to mate, is......... look at me now - you really want to go down that road?

Now do you mean the wearing of blonde wigs or turning to lumpy man??

If its the lumpy bit then i'll agree with you, hell look at me, i may never have had a six pack but i was pretty fit till i packed it in (which was a BIG mistake)

TROGG (Alan)

a government is there to serve its people not rule them