travel lodge

bluezulu

anyone on here ever had any problems with this company ?

as a lot of you know due to the pictures i posted last week my eldest son got married last week at ludlow castle. well i booked rooms all over the area for friends and relatives, pubs hotles etc. i booked and paid for 3 double rooms at ludlow travel lodge 7 month's ago.

i called the hotel direct on the weds before the wedding sat april 6th to confirm my booking was ok. "yes mr smith we can confirm your booking , no problems, see you on saturday"

the wedding was at 1:30 pm and we could not book into the travel lodge until 3pm. so after wedding we were having our maeal and planned to book in as soon as meal, speeches etc were finished.then just before we wer due to set off to hotel about 5:30 pm i get a call from travel lodge telling me " i am very sorry mr smith but we have over booked and we can only offer you 1 room!!!!!!!!

they had tried to relocate us out of town but everywhere was booked and no rooms were available. i went balistic!

drove straight round to hotel about a mile away , there was just 1 single receptionist on duty and kept saying sorry! sorry is no good where the hell our me and my wife going to stay?????????? i'm so sorry she kept saying. i will call manager and ask if it's ago to give you a refund on rooms you havn't got! WHAT!!!! YOU HAD BETTER GIVE ME A REFUND AT THE LEAST AND I WANT IT NOW!!

anyway we got refund , and went back to wedding reception still shaking with rage! we ended up with 5 cramming into the one round we got at travel lodge and friends of the bride put me and my wife up for the night,\.

i can not believe a hotel can treat people this way. we are a long way from home with no where to stay on a saturday evening and all hotels booked.

as far as i can see an advanced booking means nothing to travel lodge ,seems it's first come first served!

below is part of the email i recieved from them today explaining their booking policy.

needless to say i would never stay with them again!

Dear Mr Smith,

Thank you for your e-mail.

I am sorry to learn of the problems you have experienced and the delay in this reply.

I am sorry to learn that your room was not available to you upon arrival at the hotel.

In line with almost all operators in the hotel industry we operate a procedure that allows our reservation system to overbook certain hotels. This is so we can compensate for the expected level of late cancellations or non-arrivals.

Our overbooking levels are based on historical booking trends for each hotel. This allows us to be as accurate as possible, finding a balance between honouring the booking for customers who arrive and maximising our occupancy levels.

Unfortunately, we had an unexpected take-up of arrivals for the hotel and we could not accommodate you. I do apologise for any inconvenience this caused. I have spoken to the hotel manager who has confirmed that they were unable to find another room available in the area anywhere. They did try their hardest to resolve this matter. I can only apologise for this instance however I realise this will not change the outcome of this unfortunate

not unusual at all for travel lodge. They overbook as a matter of policy. On the rare occasion when I use them I make sure I can check in as early as they allow - usually between 2.00pm and 3.00pm. If I'm not going to be able to then I use Premier Inn who don't have the same policy.

Nick

...life

what's it all about...?

None of them for us.

We much prefer the personal attention and higher quality of family run farmhouse B&Bs

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

Terrible service.

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

Absolutely s**t service - and they clearly deserve to lose your future custom.

For a business that relies completely on people spending their money with them, they have a strange approach to customer service.

Our chief weapon is surprise