travel lodge

bluezulu

I am sure by paying upfront you have formed a legal contract which they have breached.

Did they make this policy clear at the tlme of booking? If not their standard trading conditions become invalid. If this is the case a small claims or county court should take your side and award compensation.

It may well pay to take legal advice or write to the companys head office telling them these are your intentions - they may well offer you compensation as they will not want a visit to court or unwanted media attention.

I am sure they have breached contract law and consumer lae.

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

I am sure by paying upfront you have formed a legal contract which they have breached.

Did they make this policy clear at the tlme of booking? If not their standard trading conditions become invalid. If this is the case a small claims or county court should take your side and award compensation.

It may well pay to take legal advice or write to the companys head office telling them these are your intentions - they may well offer you compensation as they will not want a visit to court or unwanted media attention.

I am sure they have breached contract law and consumer lae.

The problem is the most likely remedy is damages, and the quantum is likely the cost of the room. If they are unable to accommodate you then in general they are quite happy to refund you, So what are you going to achieve by going to court...

Nick

...life

what's it all about...?

The problem is the most likely remedy is damages, and the quantum is likely the cost of the room. If they are unable to accommodate you then in general they are quite happy to refund you, So what are you going to achieve by going to court...

Under consumer law I belive they should have found you another room.

You cannot tell how a court will swing or what they will award - could be that the judge awards the cost of the whole wedding as the weekend was ruined.

Like I said, take legal advice, write a letter with the correct wording and that company will most likely offer some form of compensation that is worthwhile as they will not want to go near a court.

They have advised they cannot acomodate AFTER the booking in time - they have broken a few laws.

A typical Brit will not complain or make a fuss and these companies know it and will take the p!ss whereever they can.

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

one of the problems is the t&c's that are agreed to as part of the booking process:

1. Relocation
    1. Travelodge operates a relocation policy (for more details on relocation policy click here). If a room is unavailable on arrival (except due to an event beyond our reasonable control, (see section 11.2)) then, we will either:
      • provide a room in another Travelodge hotel and pay the reasonable cost of transport to that alternative hotel or any applicable car park; OR
      • at your request, or, if in our reasonable opinion there is no suitable alternative hotel accommodation available, cancel your Booking and refund you any money you have paid in advance for the unavailable room(s) including related extras.
      • If you are due to pay on arrival at the hotel we will take payment for the cost of the booking and any prepaid extras. As outlined above any additional costs over and above the original cost of the booking will be covered by Travelodge. I.e. difference in room rates, reasonable transport costs, car park charges.

Total bunch of crooks, but contracts is contracts...

It would however be very interesting to see this one tested in court.

Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977 would be highly useful:

3 Liability arising in contract.

(1)This section applies as between contracting parties where one of them deals as consumer or on the other’s written standard terms of business.

Which applies in this case

(2)As against that party, the other cannot by reference to any contract term—

(a)when himself in breach of contract, exclude or restrict any liability of his in respect of the breach; or

seems to the point

Edited by nick

Nick

...life

what's it all about...?

Top tip for you..If you are booking a Travelodge room, perhaps as a single person, put on the booking that you have a young child with you. It costs no more because the rates are for a room..But they avoid moving those bookings.

• Like 1

Go elsewhere.

As for the remark above, i would not lower myself to such lies. :nono:

Telling lies comes easy to some people in this world. :shutup:

Edited by Andrew

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

Truth hurts Sporty.

I learned/realised a lot when i went thru what you did recently, did you learn anything,

For instance humility, patience, thoughtfulness, something you sadly seem to lack, never take anything for granted.

And most of all, fragility of life, here today and gone tomorrow. Certainly scares you doesn't it Sporty,

Anyway Sporty e3622.gif

Edited by Andrew

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

Why not lie to the Travelodge? they don't care about their customers feelings. Just tell them you left the kids at home because you couldn't trust their booking system, but do that after you got your room :) Travelodge lied when they accepted the booking 7 months before.

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

When you collect your key, just mention that the child you have booked in will be dropped off later my your wife.(If they can be bothered to ask)

No big deal they dont check ID cards every time you go to your room.

The tip was given to me by the manager of one of the Travelodge near to Luton airport. Many of the business users know and use this apparently.