Sony Mini disc player/recorder MDLP

Mally

So i finally got around to buying one, I got a damn good deal on it to, from a factory returns shop, my problem is this, basically i dont know how to use the thing properly. I am recording via a line out of the headphone socket on my stereo and there seems to be a problem with a 'white' noise in the background, does anybody know what i'm doing wrong? Also how do i edit a mini disc? what does the edit function actually allow me to do? How do i name the tracks? are the discs re-recordable? and how do i use the mdlp function? i know what it is i just dont know how to use it. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Not sure if you have a "walkman " type, or full size. Recording from thr headphone socket will give these problems. Better if you have a socket on your stereo marked line out, tape out or similar,to be connected to the line in socket on your MD.

Editing, etc on a portable is very fiddly, get a 640 Sony full size, and you can drive it with a computer keyboard.

MDLP allows you to record for twice as long.

The mini disc is re-recordable as many times as you like. The finest invention of recent times,

and so versatile.